Notices

2 days off 5 months

Old 09-20-2011, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 days off 5 months

Wow my life has done a full 360. Not drinking seems the norm and I don't want or crave a drink. Anxiety is low. My medication is working well. I'm enjoying life more now. I have more confidence. I have more freedom. Got back to the real me. No drama in my life caused by alcohol. It's true when people say everyday it gets easier and better. I have a new psychiatrist and its going well. I like going out and not having to spend money on a taxi as I drive everywhere now. My options are becoming better as I am considering going and studying next year. I accept my past and glad I found a way out of the hell that was becoming worse day by day. I've lost about 11kg now, look healthier and will probably lose alot more as I was quite skinny when I was younger and not drinking. I have social anxiety and even started approaching girls more which I have had trouble with even after 12 beers I couldn't go up to them and now completely sober I have women telling me that Í'm brave coming up and introducing myself. That in itself is a great pro of not drinking as well as the weight and driving. I suppose my life experience has helped me alot during this time as I have been through alot with psychotic episodes and mental health issues. Life is good and I'm staying sober for life.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations checkmate

D
Old 09-20-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I love posts like this!!! Thank you so much for sharing checkmate...rock on with your new self!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome, checkmate! I hope anyone who is wavering reads your post—it's really inspiring.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great post, thanks for sharing. Glad to hear you got help and are reaping the rewards.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
I love posts like this!!! Thank you so much for sharing checkmate...rock on with your new self!!!
Oy! I was going to write that :-D Me too, I LOVE this type of post. So so so so motivating and encouraging and just... well, brilliant. Thank you so much for posting it checkmate1 and well done! All extremely impressive and pleasing.

BB
Old 09-21-2011, 02:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
instant

Straight Edge and proud way to go !!
Old 09-21-2011, 02:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations and thank you for such an inspiring and uplifting post
Old 09-21-2011, 03:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's Great to read this, congrats!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FT

Hey there!

Originally Posted by checkmate1 View Post
Wow my life has done a full 360. Not drinking seems the norm and I don't want or crave a drink. Anxiety is low. My medication is working well. I'm enjoying life more now. I have more confidence. I have more freedom. Got back to the real me. No drama in my life caused by alcohol. It's true when people say everyday it gets easier and better. I have a new psychiatrist and its going well. I like going out and not having to spend money on a taxi as I drive everywhere now. My options are becoming better as I am considering going and studying next year. I accept my past and glad I found a way out of the hell that was becoming worse day by day. I've lost about 11kg now, look healthier and will probably lose alot more as I was quite skinny when I was younger and not drinking. I have social anxiety and even started approaching girls more which I have had trouble with even after 12 beers I couldn't go up to them and now completely sober I have women telling me that Í'm brave coming up and introducing myself. That in itself is a great pro of not drinking as well as the weight and driving. I suppose my life experience has helped me alot during this time as I have been through alot with psychotic episodes and mental health issues. Life is good and I'm staying sober for life.
Hey checkmate!

I've missed you on the substance abuse forum, so I went looking for you and was jazzed to find you here and posting.

I am SO glad you are doing so well. I knew when I first read some of your posts that you had such potential for a fantastic life, and you are realizing it more and more.

Just wanted to shout out a hello, and GOOD ON YA!

FT
Old 09-21-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations checkmate! I feel the exact same way now that I am sober!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Awesome, checkmate. I remember some of your earlier posts, and we got sober around the same time, so I'm really happy to hear that you are making some progress. Feels good, don't it?