Notices

3 weeks.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks.

I've got three weeks and my birthday is on Sunday. I know I can do it and I've been really working harder and feel great health wise. Sometimes I am envious of people who can drink and not lose themselves. But that's all I know how to do so maybe I wouldn't enjoy myself like them. I look into my daughters eyes every night and am so proud I am working toward a productive life. I realized that my head is so much clearer and my anger subsides easier, I'm able to get over things more quickly. I look forward to sober weekends where as before I couldn't wait for Friday or Saturday binge. My relationship is better already and as time passes I'm being treated with more respect and admiration. My goal right now is to get through this month successfully.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

To add: in 2008 I was sober for 6 months, broke up with a boyfriend and started the single life again. I want this to be for good.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nataliegreen View Post
I've got three weeks and my birthday is on Sunday. I know I can do it and I've been really working harder and feel great health wise. Sometimes I am envious of people who can drink and not lose themselves. But that's all I know how to do so maybe I wouldn't enjoy myself like them. I look into my daughters eyes every night and am so proud I am working toward a productive life. I realized that my head is so much clearer and my anger subsides easier, I'm able to get over things more quickly. I look forward to sober weekends where as before I couldn't wait for Friday or Saturday binge. My relationship is better already and as time passes I'm being treated with more respect and admiration. My goal right now is to get through this month successfully.
Hi nataliegreen!

Congrats on your three weeks!!! I'm right there with you tomorrow.

I've also noticed many benefits already, which I'm so happy about. Mostly, I'm just so happy that I'm not drinking like a zombie every evening.

You can most definitely enjoy your birthday sober. Worst case, you do not enjoy it, but you can enjoy the fact that you stayed sober during it :-D

You're well on your way to your goal! This is fantastic - well done to you and good luck moving forward!

BB
Old 09-08-2011, 11:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on 3 weeks Natalie - and happy birthday for the weekend
I'm sure you can do this

D
Old 09-09-2011, 04:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Congrats on your 3 weeks! Fantastic! And a Happy Birthday to you as well this weekend. Hope it is special for you.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

Hey Natalie

Have a good birthday. I was thinking we would not give our children champagne on their birthday..........because it is bad for them. Why not be a kid again.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's great news, natalie. Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

I was envious of 'normies' too - how nice to just have one or two & leave it at that. It took me many years to admit for me that could never be an option. I'm glad you've learned you don't need to lose yourself anymore - getting numb isn't living. Congratulations on the positive change you've made in your life.

Beebizzy - congrats to you, too on your 3 wks. tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Enjoy your sober birthday....you and your daughter can eat the ice cream and cake together without you being concerned over your actions

Early.....
Old 09-09-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done on three weeks. Stay strong and remember all the reasons you'll be far happier living a sober life. Happy Birthday when it comes too!