Notices

Not missing anything!

Old 09-08-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not missing anything!

So there has been this thing advertised on the radio constantly for the last two months: Working Women's Wednesday at the Ocean Lodge Rooftop Bar, which is a gorgeous place right on the water that was one of my spots before I got sober. I would have to change the station when they started talking about it because it was one of the few things that tempted me to drink again for a few reasons:

#1 - Of course it was a favorite spot, lots of fond memories there.
#2 - My work schedule is Sat-Wed, so Wednesday is like my Friday and therefore the day of the week I used to drink the most on.
#3 - Part of the promotion was $1.05 margaritas. I could have drank 5 or 6 margaritas and still gotten out of there for less than $10 - I love a bargain!
#4 - They were giving away prizes each week, and I love winning stuff.
#5 - I imagined it as this Sex & the City-esque meeting of young professional women, and I desperately wanted to hang out with the cool girls.

Well, I just saw pictures of the last one on Facebook and it looks like it was just tons of old island hags, the ones that live on East Beach with their rich third husbands and buy clothes at Chico's. Now I don't feel so bad. I wasn't missing anything. I'm glad I didn't give into temptation.

Anyone else ever find out something you wistfully avoided in the name of your sobriety turned out to be a dud?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I rarely visit drinking places now but every pub I've been into since I quit smells awful, has horrible sticky carpet....and the regulars make me sad because I recognise the expression on their face - I know what it means.

D
Old 09-08-2011, 10:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yogaisland,

Well done on your decision not to frequent the Ocean Lodge Rooftop Bar, filled with drunken East Beach island hags clad in Chico's clothes :-) Excellent move, and it certainly sounds like you missed nothing and it could not sound less SATC.

I drank solo, at home, so no favourite spots or triggers of that sort. Things I wistfully avoid turning out to be a dud? Drinking vodka at home alone.

Thanks,
BB