Notices

Get rid of it

Old 09-08-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The night I quit I poured the double sized wine bottle down the drain. I don't have booze in my house, but when my parents come for dinner I serve wine...they don't understand anything else and I don't want to explain it to them.

I have no problem being around alcohol....open or otherwise, since the smell revolts me today. I can't even stand next to someone drinking because the smell is so vile. Sometimes someone will sit near me on the train with a beer and it's awful.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I did throw out all my empties - but this was simply part of a tidying exercise :-)

And I poured three beers down the sink because they were out of date. I never drank beer (they were for my bf), but this was a bit weird. The smell of alcohol. Odd sensation.

I did drink vodka and I still have that in the fridge plus some other stuff I never drank.

But I don't care. I don't want to drink it. For me, it's not contingent on whether there is alcohol in the house or not. If I wanted to drink, and there was no alcohol, I can walk 2 minutes to the shop and buy it. So it's not a deterrent NOT to have it, and it's not a temptation TO have it.

However - I fully understand those who do not keep any. Whatever works, right?

BB
Old 09-08-2011, 10:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
The night I quit I poured the double sized wine bottle down the drain. I don't have booze in my house, but when my parents come for dinner I serve wine...they don't understand anything else and I don't want to explain it to them.

I have no problem being around alcohol....open or otherwise, since the smell revolts me today. I can't even stand next to someone drinking because the smell is so vile. Sometimes someone will sit near me on the train with a beer and it's awful.
LaFemme,

I hear ya. My parents would be deeply suspicious if I decline a glass of wine at Christmas. But so be it. I don't want to explain anything either. Actually, how do you pull that off with your parents - not drinking the wine yourself? Or are they 'in the know'?

It isn't a great smell, is it :-)? I don't live in the classiest area, so there are a couple of bars near my apartment where red-faced, dishevelled people drink from morning till night at tables outside. I walk past every time I go anywhere and wow - it does smell.

Ditto the trams around here. Where I live, no-one bats an eyelid at someone having a beer on the tram at 7am. Not the nicest way to head into work...

Thanks
BB