Notices

Having a bad day...

Old 09-07-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a bad day...

Last night, the wife woke me up at 1:00 am to tell me she's leaving for 10 days at the end of Sept. to visit some guy she met on facebook. Might become permanant eventually.

Maybe this is for the best. I just don't know how to go about a divorce or where to start. Such a major life change scares me, but this is going nowhere.

I had a strong craving to start drinking again tonight. I didn't. Times like this reveal both how weak and how strong I can be.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Dave.

Personally I would do nothing about divorce etc right now...as hard as it is, just keep focusing on you and your recovery.

You can deal with everything else later.

D
Old 09-07-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gone In

That has to hurt. Sorry you have to go through this Dave, I'm glad you're doing it sober
Old 09-07-2011, 10:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justdave View Post
I had a strong craving to start drinking again tonight. I didn't. Times like this reveal both how weak and how strong I can be.
Hold on to this ^ thought (the strong part). So true.

My goodness, what a shock that must have been.

I agree with Dee - never mind divorce proceedings technicalities for the moment. All that will work itself out later, if it comes to that.

Concentrate on staying sober and taking care of yourself.

Hang in there - good luck,
BB
Old 09-08-2011, 04:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dave, I am really sorry you are going through this.

When I first got sober 4 years ago, it was partly because of problems in my marriage and complaints from my husband.

Once sober, behold my surprise when the problems became worse! To the point that he moved out. For me this became one of the many! excuses for a long bad relapse.

Now 3 years later I am sober again but rather newly so, and we have filed for divorce. Don't be like me and throw away your achievements. Marriage problems are high powered but not as much as death, or the death in life that is being a drunk.

Hold on fast to your clarity, health, and the sobriety that brought them. Best wishes to you - you will get through this and greater peace, greater happiness lies on the other side.