Notices

A reminder and a thank you!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A reminder and a thank you!

Hi all. I am glad to have found you online today!! Thank you for this group!! I am starting over my sobriety today!! I quit drinking in september 2005. I went thru a divorce this year and started going out with my girlfrinds I hadn't seen in a long time earlier this year in April, all went well the first few times and then they wanted me to have a shot with them in May..(Stupid thinking) I thought all rite...just had A shot and did that a few more times we went out!! The last couple weeks I have been stopping for "just a 6 pack" on the way home from work!! I had myself fooled that it was OK I can social drink! Nope I can't don't let yourself be fooled after a length of time!! I am soooo mad at myself and DO NOT want to be a practicing alcoholic. Just wanted to put it out there and maybe at least help one person who might fall into the deceptive way of thinking!! Thanks again for this site. I will be using it as a toll to help myself get back on track. I really am scared to have done it and I am scared to be back in this place.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, startingat0. You'll get lot of support here. And you must have learned a lot of valuable things during those six years of sobriety. Glad to have you aboard.

Thank you for the reminder—posts like yours are one reason I keep coming back to SR. Not just for the warning, but also for the inspiration in seeing someone catch themselves, and put themselves back on the right path.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR startingat0

D
Old 09-05-2011, 11:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome to the forum!

It's great that you're catching this now.... I had a similar relapse after starting to socialize again (post-divorce). It took quite a while for me to get sober again.

Good to have you with us!!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi startingat0!

Welcome aboard! Well done on spotting the slippery slope you were on and catching it so soon. You had 6 years?! Fantastic - I have every confidence that you will be fine this time.

And indeed, your post is an excellent warning as to how easy it can be to slide. Thank you for this,

BB
Old 09-06-2011, 04:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Welcome startingat0! I too had a period of sobriety and went back out. I stayed out a long time though. Glad you made it back quicker!

Glad you are here...
Old 09-06-2011, 05:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community....
Old 09-06-2011, 09:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks for sharing and good luck
Old 09-06-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job on recognizing the pattern and taking action! I did the same thing as you and found myself back in cycle. I have a little over 2 months and could not imagine being back there again. You can definitely do this.