Notices

Square one and health

Old 08-27-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Square one and health

I'm unfortunately back to square one with my sobriety and it really stinks too because I had 11 days at a Rehab center but for some reason I gave into the temptations and euphoric recall my fellow residents so I left early. Upon doing that I went out to the bars with a friend and threw all the progress I was making out the window. That one mistake reopened the flood gates and I've been drinking every day since (9 days). I'm overwhelmed by financial stress, emotional stress and other external factors and I'm starting feel insanity or death is creeping around the corner. I've barely eaten in these 9 days, my stomach is a train wreck, my brain is so fuzzy and hazey that I barely remember anything at all, and my doctor prescribed me depression meds yesterday that I'm going to try taking the first one today and try my darnest to stay sober again because the drink is starting to stop me. I don't have much support other than the desire to stay clean because these days I don't even LIKE Alcohol anymore or even it's effects and I honestly and sincerely want it out of my life! I'm just so depressed and hopeless these days and I don't know what to do. I try to go to AA, I want to go back to church, I want to STAY FREAKING SOBER, it's just right now I feel physically terrible and can barely move. Any advice??? I'm 27 years old, and any advice or experiences I receive would very appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR, AJ - it's great to have you here. (I keep losing power due to Hurricane Irene - so I'll have to be brief.) Hopefully others will be along to give you some suggestions.

I hope the depression meds. will help with your anxiety. Once the alcohol is out of your system for awhile you'll be able to think clearly again - right now your emotions are all over the place. Please keep reading and posting here - we all understand just how you feel.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the reply, I'm really nervous to use the antidepressant med (Bupropion) because I think it was prescribed to me in poor judgement because the insert says do not take this medicine if you drank heavily for a while and decide to stop
Old 08-27-2011, 03:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

I agree with you regarding the meds, but doc gave them, take as prescribed. Call the rehab and get back in. I've never seen one turn anyone away. Best wishes.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome (back) AJ -

I drank while taking anti-depressants, too, but the anxiety/depression was still there as long as I was drinking. They're really helpful, but only when I'm sober. Does your doctor know how much you're drinking?

Go to the ER if you have to. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this - I hope you can use it for motivation. :ghug3
Old 08-27-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi AJ

we can't give medical advice here - if you're not confident with what your Dr prescribed I'd get a second opinion

As for staying sober - have you used any support groups?
D
Old 08-27-2011, 06:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Drinking had turned me into a depressed woman...it was a dark time in my life
and that is what started me working the AA program...

Welcome back to SR....
Old 08-27-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad to be back and thanks for the replies, I guess I sometimes don't get how AA works and it can be depressing in of itself to go to because so many people at them seem depressed but im honestly desperate enough to try anything to quit drinking and at least i know i cant drink there
Old 08-30-2011, 09:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I am also taking buprion for anxiety (Wellbutrin). I drank for three months while taking it. Now that I have finally stopped drinking (9 days now), I believe the med is starting to do its thing. In chat last night, I told the assembled that I was looking forward to today. That is feeling I haven't had in many years.

Hang in.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

AA only works if you work it. It's often nonsensical, which is often why people shy away. At least it's something to focus on other than one's problem. Hope you're sober today! Let us know, we care about you!
Old 08-30-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi AJ! You mentioned AA being depressing. I've been going to meetings for 4 weeks. Yeah, some of the stuff people talk about is depressing. However, I haven't encountered one person who isn't hopeful. That's what AA does for people. Gives hope. However depressed you are, and however depressing the stories you hear may be, you will 100% feel better after the meeting. Listening to your "fellows" is more powerful than any bottle or depression. Getting it off your chest and seeing others nod along is why AA works.

PS I'm 26 years old, almost 30 days sober.