Notices

I Overdosed On Alcohol/Heroin Very Confused

Old 08-23-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I Overdosed On Alcohol/Heroin Very Confused

Well Sunday the wheels fell off the bus so to speak. I started drinking a large quantities of beer and got a hold of some heroin that I snorted and fell out on the street. The usual happened, ambulance, police called and wallet, keys, cellphone were all stolen. I had a large lump on my head and either fell or was hit. I was very confused & didn't know where I was or what day it was. The doctors/nurses were suprisingly very nice & even refused to let the police question as to where I bought the stuff. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't go home with my usual 5 day detox supply of meds but oh well. I still wasn't as bad as I was when I was drinking household related booze & staggering around the city delusional. I also had a $40 watch that was stolen by the muggers who prey on drunks. I'm in the process of seeking mental health for my mind is starting to go. I'm surprised they didn't sent me to a psych ward (as usual) but perhaps I'm improving. Heroin seems like a rather mild drug compared to alcohol but I can't to that either.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry to hear you are going through this.

I hope you can find the help that you need.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers that this will be your final go round with addiction...
Old 08-23-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Justfor1, When I was hitting bottom in So. CA. I was directed to the local county mental health clinic that had a program for alcohol and drug issues. Perhaps your area has one? It was a pay if you can kind of thing. I'm sorry you had such a nightmare recently. I only snorted heroin once because I knew I'd get hooked by how good it made me feel and I knew guys who had fallen by the wayside due to their addiction.

I hope you can find the help you're looking for. We're here.......
Old 08-23-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
High on Life

Get help for yourself dude, before it's too late. I don't know what else to say. You're on some sort of death wish, I just hope you don't fulfill that plan.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I also hope you can find the help you need to turn things around J41.

D
Old 08-23-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Call the rehab at the community clinic before something really bad happens.

Best wishes to you
Old 08-23-2011, 08:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
Prayers that this will be your final go round with addiction...

I hope so. I'm getting in touch with a new psych doctor this week. I was a John Doe in the hospital for the first day because I did not have my wallet or ID and believed I was in some military barrack. I believe I bought some sort of bad tainted drugs. My BAC was .27 but thats the usual when I'm drunk in the various ER's around town. Needless, to say I am giving up my chair position at my Friday meeting. I'm having trouble remembering things currently and quite angry at myself & the local dealer for selling me bad stuff.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thanks everyone for the suggestions but I have decided to look for mental health help only. I am currently finished with in-patient & out-patient drug programs. My severe mental health is preventing me from making sane decisions in my crazy life. My drug of choice is alcohol but of course I am a "garbage can" type of addict. My family is currently planning on kicking me out to a few minor slips so I will be back to the shelter. Which is a very dangerous & drug infested place. I'm not sure if the police are continue to track my wherabouts but I remain vigilant on that. They just want to know where this new tainted drug stuff is coming from.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sounds scarey. Take care of yourself.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi justfor1 I snorted heroin a couple times after heavy drinking although not an IV user....I have no idea why I was doing this maybe to escape I was about 20 young and stupid. I also suffer from mental illness and hope you get a good psych doctor who can give you the help you need and get you on the right track and possibly some meds.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

please take care of yourself.