Notices

Regaining Footing After One Day Slip..

Old 08-19-2011, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Regaining Footing After One Day Slip..

So I decide to pull the Titanic up so to speak. I have not let a 1.5 day slip turn into the major league nightmare of addiction. Granted, it's not good but I have to look at my behaviors that led up to my recent bout with Mr. Booze. I was a little shaky after the 1.5 days of beer & Vodka but knew I didn't need a professional detox like I had many, many times before. I still even chair my weekly AA meeting after taking a group decision and they let me keep it! I was honest with the group about my slip. The last time I chaired a meeting at this clubhouse I continued to chair while I was drinking. It's good to be honest for once and although I'm a bit shamed of my relapse I feel confident I'll get back on the sobriety beam.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

I'm glad you are back on track. It is hard to get a handle on things once you slip. You are doing the right thing. All you can do is learn and avoid the situation from happening again. You can do this. The main thing is sharing, honesty and continuing to move forward.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No ashame, don't look back, and get back on with the sobriety
Old 08-19-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I had been sober since Feb. of this year so it wasn't that long but it was still something. I don't count time but make my time count.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So very sorry to hear that...though glad you are back and were honest with the group and attending AA. I have relapse in my history too...you never have to drink again. Thank you for sharing.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry about your relapse but glad you are looking into your behaviors that lead to it...That's ALL it's about. Now that you have dusted yourself off, get back up and on the road again
Old 08-19-2011, 08:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It took me over a year in AA to make it to 90 days the first time. The important thing is to keep trying until it sticks. Congrats on coming back and not just leaning into the downhill slide.

GG