Notices

Need Help right away

Old 08-18-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Help right away

HI friends, Kim here, a grateful recovering alcoholic. I'm trying to find help for my brother who is going through some severe withdrawals/DT's which I didn't experience, thank you to my HP. We are worried for him and he does not have insurance. What can we do? Yea, there are treatment places but with NO insurance? Oh my gosh, I just hate this.

Thanks so much,
Kim
Old 08-18-2011, 01:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Emergency room has to take anyone.

Take him, and worry about the rest later

What is more important? His life or a bill that may be dismissed if he has no income
Old 08-18-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Definitely get him to the emergency room. Don't wait.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes...the ER and if there is one in your area...The Salvation Army
has free de tox centers as well as treatment centers....

Welcome...hope you come back with good news to share with us...:
Old 08-18-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope you have done Something sense you Posted.................. If not Ring Emergency or get a Doctor over and Get Him to a Hospital..........................Fast.Im saying A Prayer for him Now.Cheers.....................Mick
Old 08-19-2011, 07:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

His vital signs will be very high so the ER will take him for a few days and detox him. I've done it many many times.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank You all!

Hi there again, I hope I am doing this right. I'm trying to respond to all of you who replied to me for help for my brother. This is the first time I've been on this site (when I posted for help, that is.) Here is an update:

I had taken my brother to the ER a couple nights before I posted here but he had only said he was sick. He didn't say he had quit drinking. My assumption, by his symptoms, was that he had gotten hold of some bad drugs. The ER ran some tests and gave him a few pills for something or another. When I finally heard that his symptoms were because he was not drinking I and my sister discussed what we could do and that is when I came on here and asked for help. The following day after I posted which was yesterday, my sister took him to an urgent care office. He told the Dr. what was really going on. She prescribed, among other things, Oxazepam which is for helping with the anxiety of the withdrawals. He was only given enough of those for five days. I asked him if he would be willing to go to a program offered by the Salvation Army for help and he said he would.

I can't thank you enough for your prompt responses and would like to mention each of your names but I only know some of you by your username. I remember "Carol" from the cute little spray painter thingie. But I do thank each one of you for the responses, thoughts and prayers.

By the way, how do you change fonts, sizes etc. on here? When I try I get some kind of computer code stuff instead of it making the changes. Sorry, I'm not real computer smart.

I will be in touch with you all.

One day at a time.
Kim
Old 08-20-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Ken...
I'm so glad you came back and even better...brought good even better you did bring good news too...

My son is now in a Sally facilty in another state and doing very well
He is not a young man...has been addicted to various substances for decades I do hope your brother will follow thru with going to them.

To change the fonts and so forth...
look directly above the window that opens when you begin to post.
Other than that...I have no clue...I'm not very teckie..

Prayers for you your sister and brother going out.