Notices

life has become less chaotic

Old 08-14-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

life has become less chaotic

Since quiting the drink some 3.5 months ago my life has settled down and become alot easier in many ways. I no longer have to deal with killer hangovers. No more checking beer supply's and where my next drink is coming from. I have become more sociable and caring for others. I think when I first quit saying never again to drink was hard but stuck with it and enjoy being sober more each and everyday. I no longer have to worry or think about causing trouble for my family. Anxiety is becoming a thing of the past. I've been using my money more wisely. I feel better in myself. I drive my car again anxiety free and love the independence I now have.

I have no reason to back to that hell I was living in. I do what I have to do to get buy everyday and if that's not good enough for someone tough because I'm doing this for myself and if I'm happy in myself that's all that matters. My mind wanders less often and those anxious and worrying thoughts I have about my life and health are dying slowly. I no longer have the appetite of an elephant and feel hungry all the time and have lost 10kg. This has done wonders for my self-esteem and confidence. I'm good on the inside and look good on the outside.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You are doing so well....
Forward is still the correct direction......
Old 08-14-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Isn't it great how simple and beautiful it is. Living a lie is so much work and pain. Living the truth just is.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WTG...awesome achievement. Congrats!!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

Drinking just makes life so complex doesnt it? And all that time I thought booze was relaxing, chilling, comforting, what a lie. Those adjectives definitely reside in the sober camp though dont they?

Thanks for sharing Checkmate and enjoy all those wonderful sober benefits, you made it happen!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so happy you are feeling this way! I agree!! Congrats to you!! )