Notices

When do relapse nightmares stop?

Old 08-05-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

SoberJennie...now I have to look for that mediation app...sounds awesome!

I am just over a year. I had them about once a month the first 6 months and have maybe had 2 since then. I remember many of my dreams and dream in vivid detail, always have...so I think I'm used to dealing with bad dreams. Drinking dreams are still better than the dreams I have where I kill someone
Old 08-05-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

LaFemme... check out Andrew Johnson's meditation apps. I have his Energy Boost, Relax, & Quit Drinking ones. Also, look for Glenn Harrold's hypnosis and relaxation apps. And there's Silva Meditations... that's a really good one.

My favs are the Quit Drinking one and Silva
Old 08-06-2011, 08:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I dream about sneaking in alcohol many times.. I used to when I was drinking, and I still do now I've decided to quit (but it's not yet been a week, so I guess that's still early).. this night I dreamt of getting caught too. I think it's strange because I have no intentions anymore of sneaking alcohol in.. but I guess it's memories?
Old 08-07-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm about 2 and a half years sober now and I still get them sometimes. Nowhere near as often, but they do happen. I think it gets easier when you have more sober time because then I think you're more confident and okay with your sobriety than you are when you're only a few days, weeks, or even months sober. But it will get better, I promise.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I had a few drinking dreams when I first stopped drinking; they didn't worry me; they're just dreams.

But during the dream it felt real, but then when I wake up, that feels real too.

Strange.

I wouldn't worry though.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Rarely I do have dreams that I am drinking again...not always unpleasant.. I'm 22 years sober.

Much more frequently I dream I'm a kid or working.
7 years since I can no longer work.. 65 since I was a child.

I have no plans to do or be any of the above again...

Those i do think are from trace memories but I also dream of things to come that so far...have not happened
I really enjoy a vivid colorful dream life about all manner of things...they are not a sign of anything to me.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well, I dreamt I was drinking last night...I'm blaming this thread...lol...annoying but can be a learning experience
Old 08-10-2011, 04:35 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
heartofamama

Wink

Originally Posted by michelle01 View Post
Nearly 2 years sober, I still have these dreams sometimes, not very often. It doesn't disturb me that much, once I wake up and realize it's just a dream. Even though they are very vivid at the time. I get the taste back, the intoxicated state and everything, even though I struggle to remember such things when awake. It's like a full on replay.

I do agree with someone with mentioned Jung, I notice it's when I'm actually starting to get to grips with something, I start dreaming about it. That's not just in the area of alcohol, but other situations in my life. I won't have any dreams about it at all until I'm starting to process and get past it.
wow, this gives me hope, cause i'm not worried about relapse dreams, but the frightful dreams i have about nearly everything else.
sometimes i wake myself up screaming or struggling, hoping nobody else has heard me.
i often feel so burdened 2 figure it all out, but that just makes the dreams worse.
now i'm going to be thankful 4 my dreams as reminding me that i'm 'overthinking something',
& i'll pray about it instead. the Bible says i can: "cast my care upon Him, for He careth for you".