Notices

You can give up

Old 07-21-2011, 12:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good thread, and welcome to SR, Gwizz

I think it's always good to see a very different perspective, even a controversial one.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Gwizz View Post
AVRT Statistics really do annoy me TBH, is it admiration,envy, AVRT everyone is different, alcoholisim is a disease and sometimes weakness take over from this, until you get over the weakness which co inside with negativity then you can't get over alcohol!
The strength is in the alcoholic him/herself its sitting their just waiting to escape!!
Now you lost me. I subscribe to neither the physiological disease concept of alcoholism, whereby once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic, nor the psychological disease concept, whereby if someone "gets a life" and starts to "feel good," they will be able to drink again.

If you want to drink, go ahead, and if not, don't. Given your experience, you certainly know the risks. I neither admire nor envy you.

Cheers.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Striving to be a better Man!

Are you seeking some sort of validation here that you aren't an alcoholic? I have fallen a few times with the whole "it's been so and so long, I can have just one". Just one always turns into just 1 at a time for me in the end. It's a slippery slope, 1 beer then the next week or 2, maybe a couple, next thing I always find myself back in the drinking way within a few months.
Maybe your not an alcoholic or maybe your just special but your way of thinking doesn't work for me and most other alcoholics I know. Seems like an awful risk, betting your health to prove to yourself you can drink with moderation.

Welcome to SR and best of luck to you...
Old 07-21-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AVRT View Post
Now you lost me. If you want to drink, go ahead, if not, don't. Given your experience, you certainly know the risks.
Agree AVRT but once again people are going by statistics which then bring negativity, so when someone read statistics they will then assume their is nope all the while, their should be more positives about giving up alcohol rather then all the negatives all the while, this is my aim 'negativity do not mix with positivity!

Thanks soberjennie I hope its not controversial.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

the name of this site is Sober Recovery.
We do not promote the use of any addictive substance...regardless of a members personal choice to drink or use drugs.

This thread is closed...it's simply not what we do on our recovery site. To our members who wish to drink and drug...
please e do find another site better suited to your choices ...

Last edited by CarolD; 07-21-2011 at 04:48 PM.