Notices

I need to get this off of my chest...

Old 07-17-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your family. I know a little about these things, remember to take care of yourself
Old 07-18-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I think you are handling the situation admirably though.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FNW
seeking acceptance

Continuing healing thoughts for your mom, and your entire family.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

BD,

My prayers go out to you and your family.

I was in a similar situation with my mother a decade ago, unfortunately I was still drinking. This probably has occurred to you, but you are there for your parents in a way that you simply couldn't while you were still drinking. It doesn't change the situation from your perspective, but I guarantee that it does from theirs, particularly your mother. That much is in your control, and you are doing what is possible. The rest, you have to trust that it will turn out as it is intended.

During this difficult time for you and your family, do not forget to take care of yourselves. Rest and eat as well as possible - illnesses like this take their toll on everyone involved.

Edd.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

*********UPDATE**********

Those prayers are working because my mom has now been moved from ICU to a regular room this morning and she's gaining strength. This hospital is BY FAR the best in the area to treat her condition.

Thank God.
I can't begin to put into words the gratitude I feel towards those of you who gave me support.
much love,
BDog
Old 07-19-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

So happy for you!!! I know the relief you must be starting to feel... You're probably exhausted at this point... Hang in there.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
So happy for you!!! I know the relief you must be starting to feel... You're probably exhausted at this point... Hang in there.
i was only exhausted when we weren't seeing any progress or she was getting worse. now that we're seeing some light at the end of the tunnel, i'm energized to keep helping any way i can.

i'm really grateful that i got this oppoirtunity at a second chance for a relationship with them. it really makes me feel good to see my dad feel like he can depend on me.

sobriety is such a gift
Old 07-19-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
SR Fan

What you just said really moved me..... Thank you for sharing all of this with us. I took my parents for granted most of my life and now that they're in their 80's, I know I don't have that much longer with them. And you're so right - without sobriety, it's hard to be there for anyone.

I'm SO glad you're mom is doing better!!
Old 07-23-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

***UPDATE***

my mom was discharged from the hospital yesterday. she put on a good bit of weight, her vitals are stable and it looks like they have a good hold on her condition.

I'm soooo incredibly grateful that she made it through. i think the family rallying around her and all of the prayers she got made all of the difference.

i was there everyday and made sure the doctors addressed all of her concerns and made sure that her voice was heard which was something she felt like wasn't done before at her other hospital stays.

anyway...i know my family is proud of me. i mean really proud of me. i don't think any of them thought i had it in me, but i think i shocked them all and i know i did because they told me so.

i feel like for the first time in my life i wasn't a parasite to my parents and brother. i actually made a difference. what a gift this place has become to me.

thanks to you all, for the support and love.
-Jeff
Old 07-23-2011, 01:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Awesome! So happy for you and your family!