Notices

Free from the chains!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Free from the chains!!!

Hi everyone!
I just had to post how wonderful I am feeling these days....July 25th will mark 18 months sobriety for me, something I never dreamed possible! I have come to the point where being around others...even in the summer who are drinking doesn't bother me anymore....when I am in this situation I just center myself, breathe deep, and feel so grateful for not "needing" the booze anymore in social situations...it's so freeing not to feel that craving..that itch..the oh my god...there's only one beer left!! thing....I can actually relax....I do know however not to take this for granted, I "check in" with my self every day ( I have an alarm on my phone that goes off at 3, the time when I would normally want to drink) and just breathe....and see how I am.... it works for me!!! I thank God everyday....for this new life...and today I wish that for all of YOU here... the peace that recovery really does bring...

Love to you ALL

xoxox
Old 07-12-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome! Congratulatioins. I think you make a great point not to take your sobriety for granted and "check in" with yourself daily. Keep it up!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

Thank you so much. As I am just starting out on my journey, posts like yours give me hope. Do you mind if I ask how bad it was for you during your worst days and what it was that led you that decision that enough was enough.

Thank you I would find that so helpful if it is not too painful for you to recall.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
High on Life

Great post, glad everything is working out for you.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing your positive progress...
Old 07-12-2011, 09:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"when I am in this situation I just center myself, breathe deep, and feel so grateful for not needing" the booze anymore in social situations"

Great mindset - I have to admit even though I have almost 8 years sobriety, I sometimes still feel anxious when I am around people drinking wine. I will give your solution a try!

Congrats!!

Dave
Old 07-14-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)