Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Do you think non-alcoholic 'alcohol' is a bad idea?

Notices

Do you think non-alcoholic 'alcohol' is a bad idea?

Old 07-18-2011, 08:56 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Someone mentioned ginger beer, for the record some ginger beers contain low levels of alcohol (like non alcoholic beer levels). It was an Australian brand called Bunderberg. Another ingredient I was surprised at the high alcohol content is vanilla essence, something like 35%
Old 07-18-2011, 09:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I was a beer drinker, about 5 years ago I quit drinking (didnt take that time) and drank some na beer, after about the 5th or 6th one they really start to taste bad to me, kinda like water with a fizz. You can see I was having the whole 6 pack, a mind game I'm sure I never did that with cocacola.

This time I'm leaving the na beer alone.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

I was a beer drinker too. I actually like non alcohol beer as long as it tastes good because some does taste like crap. The OP said she has one she really likes the taste of so I don't think it's just a matter of subbing out to fool herself. I drank it when I was pregnant and certainly didn't miss real beer. It's just another drink I like. That doesn't have alcohol in it! And I sure would never drink 4 or 10 because it's just a nice drink not something that would get me buzzed.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm glad I found this tread, I was thinking about the risks of NA beer too. Thanks for all the 2nd hand advice.