Notices

Playing With Kittens...

Old 07-07-2011, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Playing With Kittens...

Last night I curiously found myself sitting in my back yard playing with the 5 kittens a calico stray brought into this world. This doesn't sound like much but the heavy use of alcohol in the past had taken me to a place where finding real joy in such a simple thing would never have been possible. My mind was quiet, no racing thoughts, no worries about my alcohol inventory, just a sense of actually "being there in the moment".

Alcohol takes so much joy out of our lives and replaces it with an emptiness that only more alcohol can fill. It's a horrible way to live, this old song sums it up well.....YouTube - ‪Johnny Cash - Sunday Morning Coming Down‬‏
Old 07-07-2011, 09:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

all so true for me too back...thanks!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very cool. A couple of days ago I found myself perched atop a cliff a few thousand feet above a riverbed, watching hawks circle and listening to a friend venting her relationship issues. I grinned like an idiot the entire time, proud to be a trusted confidante once again, and amazed by the scope of the world beyond the walls of my suffering... It was pure contentment - uncomplicated, connected, true, and wonderfully affirming. Never had a moment like that in my drinking days.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's fantastic; all of you.

I had a past weekend experience of actually enjoying the screams of small ones as they bounced around the lake on a couch-like rubber tube being pulled behind the boat.

Was a time that the sound of a kid screaming would send me through the roof - used to set off all kinds of anxieties for me. Not anymore!

And we got to relive it when we watched a photo slide show of the weekend on the Wii system my sister has. Lotta fun for all!