I just looked at his death certificate

Old 07-07-2011, 10:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow. I needed to see that. Thank you.

I sure wasn't above drinking mouth wash. *Shudder*
Old 07-08-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
orangutan

So very sorry for your loss, thank you for shareing.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wow. That's tough. I found my husband next to an empty Listerine bottle in a hotel room on New Year's Day. I should show him this thread. I guess he was just lucky to live.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Twojacks, Michael drank listerine on and off for years. he couldn't handle straight alcohol, at first he was functional on the listerine, then just like anything else, it snowballed and he got sick. it was a very long painful death for him. i saw it all too. wish I could have completely let go a long time ago but I didn't and I accept that. all I can do today is be kinder to me and evaluate and move on...so hard. God bless your alcoholic, it's out of our hands...powerlessness is the key word here. we are powerless...
Old 07-13-2011, 05:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow. Just wow. Yes this post definitely helped me, even though I never even considered drinking Listerine! Now I'm thinking about the bottle of it on my bathroom counter right now, but I also have a full liquor cabinet at home but no desire to touch any of it. I'd dump it but it's not mine, it belongs to the ex who still hasn't moved out...

Ironically on Monday night I came home to find him asleep on the bed next to a bottle of tequila. I've never known him to do shots in bed, alone. He's never been a drinker in the 7 years I've known him, he's perfectly fine with 1 or 2 social drinks with no complaints. I guess this divorce is hard on both of us, and he's decided to take the opposite route as I am. Weird. He has no idea that I've quit drinking either, in the past he's accused me so much of drinking when I haven't been that I'm done trying to deal with him in that regard. So if he notices, he notices, if not, oh well.

But Mavis1, thank you so much for telling your story, speaking for myself alone it really had an effect.