Notices

Hurt

Old 07-03-2011, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hurt

I have been recently really hurt by my daughter and I am in a lot of mental pain. However, I have to stop drinking so much. It's not really helping just making me feel sad and sick. So starting today I will start taking better care of me and will try to put the bottle down. Thanks for listening.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm sorry you and your daughter are at odds.....prayers coming your way.

what are your plans to quit drinking? It's always a good idea to have an honest talk with your doctor about how best to be safe and de tox...
Old 07-03-2011, 05:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you!

I don't have a plan yet, can't even get through a day without crying yet. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Thanks for posting, JD. Please come back tomorrow!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sad and sick...I hated when drinking didn't even make it better and not drinking made it even worse.

As a single parent of a 12-year-old, well, I get being at odds with a daughter, especially when I have something to do with the pain because I'm always involved no matter what.

So...not drinking. Is that something you're thinking about?
Old 07-04-2011, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I only drank 2 glass of wine last night and today I do feel way way better. My daughter is 31 and yes when I raised her I was divorced from her father. I always thought we were really close and she always said we were best friends. Just the other day she emailed me that I was the cause of all her problems and basically was a just awful mother to her. She uninvited me to my grandson's bd party which was the really largest blow as I adore my grandsons have them with me at least twice a week. My husband and I are both devastated by this. Now I think maybe I have been livng a complete lie with her and don't think I can trust it again. Part of me thinks she is just not right and I am hoping she goes back into therapy. I just can't figure out where to go with this right now. This is not the first time she has flipped out on me about something ridiculous like when I had the kids overnight so her and her husband could go out and brought them home in the morning so I could clean up and have the family over for her birthday. That time she didn't talk to me for a week because I brought them home too early. Insane.
All I do know is I can not let this happen again I'm not getting any younger and it just hurt way way too much.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You and your husband could make a point of a special BD celebration with your Grandson...take him somewhere fun.
Or have him over for his favorite meal...show him how to cookies then have ice cream.

What are you going to do about your drinking? I noticed as I got older I had health issues that needed my attention....and useing alcohol was going to make them worse.