Notices

where to go...what to do...I don't know.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

where to go...what to do...I don't know.

Day 59 for me went to the city today and anxiety wise it has been the best days I've ever had. The train trip no anxiety, in the city no anxiety and the tritp home fine too.

It looks to me as if my psych meds are working for the first time in my life due to me ceasing alcohol use. I thought I needed the alcohol to get me through the days and as it appears it was ruining me. I have been on the psych meds since my first pschotic episode when I was 18 and now with me getting sober my life has opened up and some of the possibilities are endless. I'm 30 now and feeling a bit like when I was 17 with anxiety and alcohol yet to really destroy myself.

Due to anxiety, panic disorder, other conditions and alcoholism I have been unable to work for the last 6 years. It's really been a sad life not being able to work and being socially isolated during this time.

Everthing is feeling new to me...i don't know what to do, or who to turn to. I need to take another step forward now in my sobriety. I don't know yet if it's working or possibly studying again which I had to stop because of my problems.

This weekend has been the toughest. Decisions need to be made about my future and I'm not going to procrastinate about this. As the anxiety is fading away I'd like to think I can now do something with my life other than sit
around and thinking about it.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Moving forward is great, and I'm SO happy you are feeling better. Still, your whole future doesn't have to be decided right now. Sometimes it can be a mistake to charge ahead too fast when we are just getting our marbles back.

Give it some thought, talk it over with sober friends. Maybe taking a low-stress job at first is a good idea. Get yourself back into the work force, get some success under your belt, before you take on too much. Give yourself a chance to decide what is best for you.