Notices

It finally happened

Old 06-18-2011, 11:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It finally happened

I have watched in envy here as people said they stopped drinking and their blood pressure came back to normal while mine did not. I thought ,oh well. I know people that have never drank and have it also.
I have always tested it from time to time to see how long I can go without any medicine before it starts coming back up.(I bought a blood pressure machine years ago when I found out I had it).
About 2 months ago it quit going back up! My blood pressure is picture perfect with no medicine. It took 2 years,but it happened. I have now been sober 2 years and 3 months.
Of course other things have contributed to it. I started going to the gym not long after quitting. It was taking longer and longer before it would start to climb again,and what I think put it in check was when I started drinking whey.
I see people at the gym drinking whey like I used to drink beer,so I started drinking a whey shake every morning. That is when I started really noticing it staying normal. I got to looking on the internet and there are studies that show whey does lower blood pressure.
But if I was still drinking, I wouldn't be going to any gym,and this never would have came to be.
I took blood pressure medicine for around 12 years!
Miracles do happen when we stop drinking. It might not happen overnight,but it does happen. HANG IN THERE.
Fred
Old 06-18-2011, 11:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really happy for you Fred - thats great!

D
Old 06-19-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's great! I still take medicine for my BP, but it's so low, stable and well controlled it's pretty much a non-issue for me. I don't know what effect alcohol had on my BP, but I know it wasn't helping.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks Fred for sharing your really good news with us...
Old 06-19-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Going to the gym along with no alcohol will really pay off - mentally and physically.

I have been into burst cardio, pilates and yoga. I don't do as much weights because yoga and pilates really are a great substitute. Try doing some planks!!

I lost about 45 pounds nine years ago to go with almost eight years sobriety and have never been healthier.

Dave
Old 06-24-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"Miracles do happen when we stop drinking. It might not happen overnight,but it does happen. HANG IN THERE."

Worth repeating. Pure gold.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the inspiring post!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks, Fred. Good job and a very inspirational post. You have inspired me to stay sober.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for that Fred. What a wonderful share. I'm so glad it's working for you.