go to a meeting

best
fraankie
Old 09-28-2005, 08:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

medical detox

Originally Posted by IMHomerSimpson
and andrew,as for the klonopin,I went to my dr. about 6 months ago and he prescribed me a antihistamine instead of klonopin saying Ive been on klonopin for tooo long and need to try something milder.Ok,I tried it,but went to a walk-in medical center and made up some lie that my dr. was on vacation and was I out of klonopin(2 months supply handed to me).I now only use walkin for refills and regular dr. for "real" stuff.Im a winner,huh?
I understand why you like klonopin, and I am sorry you are having a hard time understand. I have abused prescription drugs in the past and know well the allure. In retrospect of course it was a mistake for the dr to EVER have given you a benzo like klonopin and now unfortunately you are paying the price. Benzos are very addictive and work synergisticly with alcohol, making it even harder to get off the booze.

Noone can know for sure, but I would hazard a guess to say that it may be impossible for you to regain your sobriety without your dr's cooperation. I don't think that going to meetings and doing the steps can get you there by themselves.

You need to go and tell the doc everything you said here and figure out what to do. You are in a serious situation and it is not all your own doing:you shouldn't have been given klonopin. Now you need to deal with it by telling the docs what is up. You will probably need to do a medical detox.

You need to do it NOW. Don't die this way, man.

Last edited by AndrewBeen; 09-28-2005 at 08:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-29-2005, 03:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Read it, write it, practice it. It is the most powerful pschological weapon against emotional problems EVER! Scientifically validated as well.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

Millwallj, I agree CBT is the best weapon in the arsenal. However, Homer's got a chemical problem here. A big one. That needs to be tackled for CBT to really work, IMO.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

HEY HOMER
don't be so hard on yourself, I'm so glad you are here...not everyone get's it first time. I know I didn't;/haven't!! but as long as you are trying,well that's progress hey!\LOVE
CATHY31
x