Notices

Weight loss and looking alive!

Old 06-04-2011, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weight loss and looking alive!

I am 5 months and 4 days sober. At work yesterday, a couple of my co-workers commented at how good I have been looking these days and wanted to know my weight loss secrets. I didn't tell them...lol. I just said lifestyle changes....well it's true It's amazing when you live your life boozing, you don't realize how bloated and exhausted you look. I think about it now and I have no idea how I went to work hungover and sick all the time and functioned. Ick....it was an awful life and I don't miss it at all. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Another Day in Paradise

Several years ago when I quit drinking I lost 65 lbs and began to live again. Energy, optimism and enthusiasm all come with physical wellness. You can do anything that you put your mind to.

I will assure you that it only gets better. The fact that life continues to put forth challenges doesn't cease, but our ability to meet those challenges multiplies with time. The message that a recovered alcoholic can carry is one of hope, strength and optimism. It really doesn't get any better than that.

Kudos to you for your efforts to this point and my wish for continued growth and success.

Jon

PS. Regardless of the photo on my post I didn't turn into a small dog.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm busting through weight plateaus, and I am lighter and healthier than ever. It was hard to stay healthy and in a healthy frame of mind when I kept poisoning yourself over and over.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

I actually stopped drinking because it would interfere with my fitness activities. So I say. The reality was that booze was controlling me from the start of the day to the end, day in and day out, and I hated it. I hated being home on a Sunday morning, already with three of four stiff ones by 8 AM (cause my body needed it) while all my buddies were out climbing hills.

After 8+ months sober, I work out six days a week, eat healthy, manage my weight (lowest in has been in years) and keep on a positive mental track. Every once in a I while, I will run into someone I have not seen in months and they will tell my that I look good. I just smile and celebrate internally.

Thanks.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congrats shantra I'm sober 44 days and have lost 4-5kg in that time. I was unable to lose weight while I was drinking even if I was exercising and eating well fooling myself I was healthy by doing these things when I was just bloated and puffy from the booze. My face resembled a moon face as my mother referred to it as this. I was embarassed with how I looked but was I didnt want to stop drinking. I put alcohol in front of how I looked and felt and just glad I found the error of my ways. I look much better these days.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Eternally Grateful 4/25/08

That's so great to get a compliment like that! I'm glad you shared that with us and you do look very radiant and glowy in your avatar pic!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Post Re:Weight loss and looking alive!

I recently lost weight myself and I have never felt more alive than I do now. I guess looking good and feeling good does have it's benefits and you've just testified to that. Thanks...for reminding me of that.

~God bless~
Old 06-05-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That is awesome Shantra I can totally agree with the feelings of being bloated and exhausted

Today, I went to a brunch get together and EVERYONE complimented me on how good I looked! Day 66 and I am just starting to lose the weight. I am in my 40's so that is probably playing a role in my sluggish metabolism. Going roller skating tonight
Old 06-05-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hear you loud and clear, you and I are on around the same time and the exact same comments are being made to me at work. I also look back at how on earth I kept working hung over. Shocking!! If that is your picture, you look beautiful! Keep it up I am really looking forward to the 6 months!