Notices

DUI over

Old 05-31-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
High on Life

DUI over

Just plead guilty to my second DUI, although the court system thinks it's my first So I won't lose my license as long. That's good news..........they threw me for a curve ball with the ignition interlock device requirement, can't say I don't deserve that, since I was 4 x over the legal limit and there was property damage.

Now I can work on putting this behind me and making sure this is the final time that I have to go through this.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Hi TheEnd-

Well, if you're sober than the interlock won't be a problem at all.

Why does the court system think it's your first?

I'm not suggesting you go back and tell them, but I've learned so far in my sobriety that if nothing changes, then nothing changes and that's especially true with my thinking.

Kjell~
Old 05-31-2011, 02:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by Kjell View Post
Hi TheEnd-

Well, if you're sober than the interlock won't be a problem at all.

Why does the court system think it's your first?

I'm not suggesting you go back and tell them, but I've learned so far in my sobriety that if nothing changes, then nothing changes and that's especially true with my thinking.

Kjell~
The first DUI was in another state 9 yrs ago, so they kind of have an idea that it happened, but they can't really prove it. Which is good, because I wouldn't be able to apply for a hardship license until my suspension is over with 2 on my record.

No, the interlock won't be a problem except for the fact I will be driving my friend's car and he will be required to blow as well when he wants to drive. Kind of a pain in the ass for him, but he's willing to do it for me.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am glad to hear it is over. I also was charged with my 2nd DUI a month ago, but since the court date was past the five years it was classed as a first offence but they still took into account the fact that I was high range on my first PCA. How long did you lose your license for?
Old 05-31-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by Sidney14 View Post
I am glad to hear it is over. I also was charged with my 2nd DUI a month ago, but since the court date was past the five years it was classed as a first offence but they still took into account the fact that I was high range on my first PCA. How long did you lose your license for?
6 months loss of license
Old 05-31-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
Now I can work on putting this behind me and making sure this is the final time that I have to go through this.
Focus on recovery........make it a priority in your life.......and do the work.... and it WILL stay behind you.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
klg

i had the interlock system on my car, and it was a pain because you had to blow consistant until it beeps, no just getting in and going, I had a hard time getting it to registar, good luck, hope all works out for you
Old 06-23-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Best of luck to you! Put it all behind you and move forward....and accept you can't change it!! that's what I've done...seems to get me through the days.... I received a year loss of license...really hurts...our province has really cracked down on drunk driving...I blew 220 though...that was downfall....the judge was shocked that in the video I didn't appear imparied..he knew I was an alcoholic!! shameful...but lesson learned...movin' on...
Old 06-23-2011, 08:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Yep, I totally agree with Daytrader.

I lost mine for a year, but it took a few months longer to get it back, so for a total of 18 months.

It was hard, but I got through it and looking back, I was blessed to keep my job, have a ride to work and to AA meetings, and the suffering did me some good

(pretty funny the interlock is in your friends car though!)

Kjell~
Old 06-23-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Even though you fell, you managed to stay strong. Now, focus on living a sober life. =D
Old 06-24-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Glad that's behind you, TE. I remember when it happened--you were sure it WAS "The End".

Keep doing the next right thing, and you will never have to go through something like this again.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
High on Life

So far I have been able to avoid the interlock device as the court didn't put it on the papers for the motor vehicle people, but I know I will be getting a letter in the mail any day now from the state telling me I need it. Until then, I will just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.