Notices

Bizarre Dream

Old 05-29-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bizarre Dream

Bizarre enough for me to remember. I was looking at an apartment to rent with my eldest daughter and everywhere in the apartment it reeked of vodka (my drink of choice) the apartment still had some furniture in it and I could see bottles of vodka underneath them. But I could not reach them. At the same time I was craving a drink of vodka horribly and my mind in my dream was thinking about getting a bottle but I was already feeling very tired and a bit out and knew that if I had a sip of vodka it would have me pass out....really bizarre, everything smelled sickly of vodka.....it even made me want to puke....I could not get rid of the smell..until I woke up.....
Old 05-29-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
King of Fools

my lucid like / ridiculous dreams skyrocketed and were insane when i first sobered up.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I stopped drinking, I had a couple of dreams that I was drinking again. Even in the dream, I was like "oh no!" I guess it was my mind reminding myself why I stopped.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I dont really know why we have these dreams but we do, my last one I was helping a friend work at his home, a freind I drank with a lot in the past.

I remember having half a beer in the dream but the feeling of guilt in my dream was crazy, I was then in the rain and mud searching for more beer in card board boxes, I am glad it was only a dream.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Post Re:Bizarre Dream

It's certainly bizarre...

I guess dreams can come true, especially if we pick up a drink. Thanks for reminding me of that. My worst day sober is better than my best day drunk and any dream which can visualize that for me is worth explaining. The vodka smell did just that...it visualized my next drink so I don't have too.

~God bless~
Old 05-29-2011, 09:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had a dream I was at an AA function, an "eating meeting" to celebrate the anniversary of meetings at a specific location. I vividly remember this dream although it happened years ago.

I was there, walking around and grabbed one of those plastic cups for drinks and proceeded to a KEG,, where I filled it with beer and drank it.

II was like WTF was this doing here ? C'mon that can't count, what's beer doing here ? Everyone was giving me the evil eye and I had to pick up a 24 hour chip. Then I woke up and laughed.

My primary problem centers in the mind, I just didn't realize how deep in the subconcious it actually was.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My alcohol dreams ALWAYS are very vivid and come with a lot of guilt and remorse. When I wake I'm ALWAYS thankful that it was just a dream.

One of my councilors in treatment said this was very normal. No different that having dreams of work, or driving, or anything else you always did but stopped abruptly.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This dream was the worst one ever in 8 months of sobriety and the most vivid one where I was actually able to smell it......