Notices

Drowning my sorrows...

Old 05-27-2011, 10:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Drowning my sorrows...

... in a second helping of homemade vanilla ice cream that finished off the carton.

The husband is very angry with me tonight; without gory details, he has a right to be, but he never reacts appropriately; he's never had a "small splinter" or a "little headache". So- my mistake WILL cause the end of the world as we know it, we will never have a moment's peace, and he will never, ever have any money ever again in his whole life because of something I handled badly.

At the gig, I almost told the bartender not to serve me even if I asked, but decided I did not want to include any part of my employment in either my personal business, or what is going on between me and DH right now.

No urge to drink right now, but dammit, we're out of ice cream. Guess I'm starting on the cheese next...
Old 05-27-2011, 10:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It's always a good idea for me to keep special treats around....and I no longer work or have a partner....
Old 05-28-2011, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I like your ice-cream therapy, haha......I don't have a partner at the moment either, but I do have a teenager (which is worth a few point on the conflict scale!)

Over the years (in former marriage and raising 3 kids), I think I've finally learned to let people be angry and just give them the space to get over it. I used to just get angry myself and chase them down - now I just go to my room!

Hope things are better today!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When my hubby and I have an arguement I go for a walk at the beach..sometimes distance helps clear the air... and of course ice cream works wonders too!! hope the situation improves....emotional stuff is one of the hardest for me in recovery.....
Old 05-28-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you staying away from drink! Keep your chin up
Old 05-28-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Day 2, DH is still a total %$%&! ... two friends and I are going to an event we'd talked about for a few weeks... DH's response? "scalp my ticket".

I left his ticket on the kitchen table, said I loved him and hoped he'd come, and went over to our friends' house about an hour early.

Tonight I DO have the cravings a tiny bit but my best two friends on the planet know my deal and they would be hard to get past.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Moderation as with everything. I have blood pressure issues, and need to address sodium consumption it is not easy to keep your sodium intake down.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Re:Ice cream

Got any swiss? I have no ice cream either. At least I'm not craving a double martini. Thanks be to God and AA -one day at a time.