Notices

Please help NOW

Old 05-27-2011, 02:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
...is awesome!

Please help NOW

Im going to be completely honest and say I managed to get a doctor to give me valium to help me sleep but really it was so I could get away from reality as we do. So ive taken it more than the 'mild' recommended dose. Sh!!!!!!!!t now i want a drink and I have that feeling of dont care, I want it. I didnt think taking these drugs would make me feel the urge to drink so badly. Trying so hard to ignore it but im so chilled and just want to get drunk. I know ill regret it but the overwhelming urge is scaring the crud out of me. Why did I put this in my way. Im 8 months sober tomorrow. Im farked, absolutely farked if I do it yet still the urge is soooo strong. I know im a complete bloody idiot for doing this, in all honestly I didnt think it would make me want to drink...not that abusing prescription drugs makes it ok. Sorry grrrrrr :-(
Old 05-27-2011, 02:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you managed to resist following through on those thoughts Liz.

I think you've touched on a great point tho - wanting to escape reality is something we've all done for years - it's a powerful persuader and it brings a lot of us undone.

For drinkers like me, I had to do more than just not drinking to stay sober - I had to look at the desire in me to escape reality, identify it, accept it, and work to heal it.

What are you using for support liz?

D
Old 05-27-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please ease yourself off the Valium ..they too can be addictive and de toxing is often required.

Last edited by CarolD; 05-27-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

I was told if I took pills or smoked weed instead of drinking it was like changing seats on the titanic

It doesn't surprise me that the craving to drink is back. It is because we are defenseless against that 1st drink unless we are doing something to try and prevent it. When we put anything in our system our brain just knows it feels the ease and comfort we had when we drank.

Maybe check out some NA forums or meetings it may explain it better.

In any event you took a huge step by coming here and telling on yourself. That shows me an honest desire to change. So hang in there and try not to beat yourself up to bad.

We all have a journey to go through some are just a little tougher than others.