Notices

Got my year chip tonight, Is this it?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got my year chip tonight, Is this it?

Guess, Im having a pitty party. I got my 1 year chip tonight and really didnt even feel like going to a meeting. I'm just not feeling real good. Depression is sneaking up on me and I just kind of feel burned out. Kind of like the AA honeymoon is over. I know this feeling will pass. I hate when I fall off the pink cloud. What do y'all do to get back excited about AA and recovery?

I know there will be an abundance of peace when I get through it.

Gladly appriciate your prayers.

Thank God I don't feel like drinking,

Michael
Old 05-26-2011, 10:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am just about at my one year and will be getting my chip. To answer your question, i love AA. My meetings are great, but it is more than that. I was off the pink cloud so to speak for a while. Then again, i had stopped doing the work. When i came back, i got busy again and today, live the program. Everyday is an opportunity to grow spiritually. So long as i am doing that, i remain on that cloud.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GettingStronger2 View Post
I am just about at my one year and will be getting my chip. To answer your question, i love AA. My meetings are great, but it is more than that. I was off the pink cloud so to speak for a while. Then again, i had stopped doing the work. When i came back, i got busy again and today, live the program. Everyday is an opportunity to grow spiritually. So long as i am doing that, i remain on that cloud.

Thanks GettingStronger, that's what I needed to hear. I have slumped on the work. When I'm doing the work, trusting God, Cleaning house and working with others, I feel awesome! Guess I need a swift kick in the ass. Ive gotten lazy. I'm going to start being more involved in the program again, "doing the work".
I don't want to be a statistic.
Thanks for the reply!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I forgot to say congrats!

Glad i could be of service. Now get to work!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Cleanandsober, thanks for posting this question! I still have a few months to go before my year, but I too have wondered if my feelings will be like yours. Congrats on your year- - time will tell.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

To keep my recovery cloud sailing high....I've found sharing it with newly sober people plus daily connecting to God works very well...

congratulations.....
Old 05-27-2011, 04:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Congrats on your 1 year! When I was feeling low at my 1 year, my sponsor suggested staying close to the program. More meetings, talking to other alcoholics, staying in touch. Worked for me!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awakening...

The one year is hard, it was for me also. I felt like that Peggy Lee song, Is That All There Is?
It's like when you're new in AA you're like a puppy, "Awww, look at the puppy isn't he cute?" Then when you turn a year, you're not young and cute anymore, all you do is eat and crap.

Hope I didn't make you feel worse. Start giving back to AA, make things happen. The ruts aren't permanent, it will get better.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Milestones are a time of reflection; congrats!! Glad you are here.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My spiritual fitness and my enthusiasm for AA are directly related. With a strengthening connection to a higher power ( as the result of staying in the Steps), I stay plugged in and passionate about AA. It seems effortless.

If I'm just sitting around not drinking, AA sucks.

Sometimes ruts are an inevitable changing of the spiritual seasons. Sometimes they are because I'm not engaged in any recovery. With guys I work with, we always look at the obvious stuff. What is the morning and evening prayer/meditation looking like? How about throughout the day? What are current resentments? Are there any unfinished amends? How am I relating with the guys I sponsor? It goes on and on.

And sometimes, it's just a rut. I do the same things rut or not.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations CleanandSober!! 1 year is fantastic!! I'll be celebrating my 1 year in a few days.

I would say, doing some Service Work might help you out. Also being thankful everyday for the blessing you have. Never forgetting where you were and how far you've come always picks me up. It's easy to get caught up in everyday life and reflection is important to keep one grateful.

Enjoy your hard work!! You should be so proud.

Best Wishes To You!