Notices

I relapsed...a few times.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Any update on how work went?
Old 05-20-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Went without a mention at all. Everything is okay I guess. The big chatter today was the news of Macho Man Randy Savage dying. Checking FB at the moment and making sure I didn't make an idiot of myself to any of my friends.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yea! I figured it was alcohol-paranoia ..haha I did the same thing. Now that's behind you. Concentrate on recovery so you don't have to feel like that again.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yeah I got lucky. I've been given so many chances now I just need to stop while I can. Summer is (hopefully) here. Time to get my butt in gear.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Re:I Relapsed a few times.

We're sorry for your loss Chris.

We're here to support you and offer up words of encouragement in your hour of need. We're also sad to hear about your relapse and how difficult it has been to maintain your sobriety. We've all been there before so don't beat yourself up, not just yet. There's still a measure of hope in every alcoholics story, so stay close and connected this time around. We wish you a more successful sobriety than previously imagined -one day at a time.

There are times when the thought of a drink crosses my mind but it remains that a thought- nothing more. Guarding against the unguarded moment isn't easy but necessary, as you already know. Let the voice of AA, and this forum, remind you to stay the course despite the circumstances.

We can never confuse a good life with a carefree one. That's why it’s important to develop a sober routine that helps refocus our attention elsewhere other than the next drink. We also need to safeguard our sobriety by adopting a set of spiritual tools that combats this disease, one day at a time.

Let's take, for example, your situation; you didn’t pick up this time but what about tomorrow or the next day. If there are no measures in place to help prolong your Sobriety, today, then forget about tomorrow. If you don’t have the answers which can help prolong your sobriety, right now, then I suggest you stay close to this forum or another sober outlet -AA or outpatient services that can help you in these matters.

Making informed decisions about what we should do next, especially when confronted with a similar dilemma is important and there are a wide variety of services available, that can help us make those important decisions the next time around. Some of those were previously mentioned including counseling and other added services besides AA and this forum. We hope they will encourage you just as much as they did others who have relied on their services. We are a network of recovering alcoholics who are committed to do so, and will help you develop a routine that improves your spiritual conditioning and overall well being one, day at a time. It has worked for me and I hope it will continue to work for you as well.

~God Bless~