Notices

Survived my DUI courtcase

Old 05-15-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Survived my DUI courtcase

13th of May it was: 18months without a license, 1000 dollar fine and 12 months good behaviour bond. The magistrate basically said if he find me there another time then next time would be jail. I nearly fainted there and then when he was talking. He made me feel sick to my stomach with the comments he made (I knew I deserved them, but it still was hard to hear) the sick feeling lingered on for the rest of the weekend and I feel emotionally exhausted, but so glad it is over and I can continue with the rest of my life. Each day at a time. Just focussing on my recovery which has helped me for the last eight months of sobriety to remain sane and not give up. Nine months ago the DUI happened and the whole month after that I rode myself of in not deserving to be alive for anyone, I felt unworthy of my newborn daughter back then, unworthy of my kids love, unworthy of any type of happiness I was very close..........Had I not been miracously been kind of forced into rehab by a hospital I ended up in in a drunken binge I am not too sure I would still be here...So I am grateful to be given another chance, it might be my third chance at life (with relapses) but I now feel and know that I am worth it that I am a good person and that only when I drink I become someone else.......... Scary
Old 05-15-2011, 08:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad that's all over for you Sudney - like you say - it's another chance..
Make the most of it

D
Old 05-15-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Phew, I remember just how sick with fear you felt about facing the court and was wondering how you got on, thanks for posting an update. I'm glad for you and your family that you did not go to jail. I hope the judge NEVER sees you again. Here's sending you the best with your ongoing recovery, Sidney.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
...is learning and growing...

Glad it's over and now on to a better sober future (((hugs)))
Old 05-15-2011, 09:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sidney, I'm glad it all worked out for you.

I hope you can began to let go of some of the negative feelings regarding how you felt about the DUI and the comments made. I don't mean you should put it aside as if it never happened. But, try to heal that part of your life. You deserve a good life!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Blessings to you and your family as you continue to move forward
Old 05-16-2011, 02:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sidney - I have been thinking bout you and what was going to happen.

I'm so glad the outcome was not jail.

You are worthy of your babies love - just get out there from this day on and prove that.

Love Sasha
xx
Old 05-16-2011, 03:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

As Dee said, it's another chance, make the most of it.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress

This, too, shall pass. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Gratitude goes a long way.

Glad it worked out OK for you.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

EVERYONE is worthy of love. Glad you can choose to look at this as a new start..AND that it is behind you..best part is you can remember this horrible dread that happened before court as a reminder not to ever imbibe again..there is no good outcome in alcoholic drinking. So happy you are here..
Old 05-16-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi, so happy for you it is over, I can relate to you..I am going to court next month to face my sentencing..it will 17 months since the incident...it's been a very long and exhausting wait... I too will be glad when all is said and done, so I can carry on with life, and the rest of my journey!!
Old 05-16-2011, 04:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm jealous. I got my first dui recently but I'm also on probation. I really hope I don't go to jail and lose my good job...
Old 05-16-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Hi Sidney-

Way to go on your sobriety.

My best advice is to take each and every part of your sentence to heart and do it to the best of your ability. No shortcuts.

I see so many people cheating their way through their sentence and it only hurts them in the long run.

Your dui can be the tipping point or the turning point in your life.

Best part is you get to decide!

Keep up the good work

Kjell~
Old 05-16-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
High on Life

18 months no license for a first offense? Damn that sucks, but at least you didn't kill anybody or your self. So I'm glad you can kind of put this behind you, I know it must feel good.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by loveon2legs View Post
Hi, so happy for you it is over, I can relate to you..I am going to court next month to face my sentencing..it will 17 months since the incident...it's been a very long and exhausting wait... I too will be glad when all is said and done, so I can carry on with life, and the rest of my journey!!
17 months that is quite a lot. Will they count that towards your disqualification period. They did count my 9 months towards the 18 months which means I still have 9 months without a license...
Old 05-16-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
18 months no license for a first offense? Damn that sucks, but at least you didn't kill anybody or your self. So I'm glad you can kind of put this behind you, I know it must feel good.
This was actually my second offense. The first was over 5 years ago highrange plus i did a bit of car damage the second midrange....the judge wanted to make sure I continued sober until giving me my license back....so the 12 months good behaviour bond means also monitoring the Drung and alcohol plus my psychiatrist I am accessing making sure I stay off the grog...
Old 05-16-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

What does "monitoring the Drug and Alcohol" mean? Are there random drug tests?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daviddocum View Post
What does "monitoring the Drug and Alcohol" mean? Are there random drug tests?
No I guess they will once in a while get in contact with my Drug and Alcohol group councelling and my psychiatrist to make sure I am doing all the right things.....