Notices

hey, new here.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
King of Fools

thanks...and always good to see a fellow social d fan around!

today makes 11 months on the dot for me... still seeing how this site works and all, so maybe i'll try and throw up a blog about it.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
King of Fools

just a heads up, I posted my first blog regarding my 11 months sobriety...nothing groundbreaking but its a start, right? just seeing how it all works. if
Old 05-15-2011, 11:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations on your 11 months!! I think it's a great idea to start blogging. I used to journal but haven't done it in a long time.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome! 11 months is amazing. I'm really proud of you. I do totally get your 'shedding' of friends..I've had to avoid a few of my hardcore drinking pals. Since it's only been 26 days for me, they haven't quite twigged why I've been so 'busy'. I'm sure it won't be long before I am left out of gatherings - but that's ok for now. I'm concentrating on ME. I don't want to bore anyone with my new found sobriety either, so SR is my place to vent and feel part of a community that feels the same way as I do. I love it!! Glad you joined. Everyone will have great words of support and wisdom...and suggestions for how to open your life up to new sober social situations so that you can 'start afresh' with a whole bunch of new friends.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
King of Fools

thanks...keep on going and stay strong yourself newwings
Old 05-15-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It's only day 3 for me. I want an an 11 months so badly but I can't think about that right now.

I'm really happy for you! I think this can only give all of us new peeps hope and hope is what I need most right now.

I hope you find friends here that are a life time. So far for me this is a good lot of people here and I think you will like the site a lot. Take care and keep posting!