Notices

Could have had two weeks today

Old 05-15-2011, 04:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Life is nothing but a series of decisions and those decisions often determine our destiny.

Consciously or subconsciously you already had made the decision that no matter what kombucha was not being removed from your life and what you were looking for in your thread was justification and support for letting it remain and continue to keep your sober date.

There are no wrong's or rights in this situation and you are completely free to make any choices you wish and keep or change your sobriety dates. I wish you all the best and there is a possibility that your choice will work out just fine for you.

However, I think what others were trying to tell you and I would join them is that it is not the wisest course of action and many (as in most people) who try to dabble with low alcohol content beverages have a an extremely high relapse rate. This may not be the case for you but it is something that you should know.

By the way... my husband drank kombucha for awhile and I thought it tasted really nasty ... do you really enjoy the taste?
Old 05-15-2011, 04:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I agree with Dee on this one too.

Sleepie i read your threads but rarely respond....you always portray yourself as a victim...but in reality you are a very strong person to keep persevering.

Not everyone in the universe is out to "get you".

but continuing to drink the same beverage that you so agonized over and made 2 threads about, when you now KNOW it has booze in it...might be a trigger for a craving.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

If you continue to drink anything with alcohol...you are drinking alcohol.
It's not about getting drunk..it's about alcohol drinking now that you know.

The first time you brought this up..I agreed you did not break your run of
sober time...it was done in error...a mistake..

Now that you are aware...you continue to drink alcohol....and that is on you.
If I did that...I would be at day zero.

Last edited by CarolD; 05-15-2011 at 05:00 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

BHF is on ignore... sorry- I forgot to mention it! And Ms. Cooter Brown so you don't all waste your time responding to my threads. Best of luck in your sober journeys

But you said I was on ignore months ago...I am sorry you could still see me. It has been evident for a very long time that people that do not agree or post what you want to see get on the ignore list. I wonder how you get by in real life..no remote button for you to use in real life. I have to wonder..if you don't want opinions then why post threads on the same issue repeatedly. I do hope you find your way. You can put people on ignore..but others that read because they really do want different points of view may actually find our posts helpful.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

We all have our perspectives. This is mine And yes, I really do enjoy the taste.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

As Carol has stated, this is an alcohol recovery board and we do not promote the use of alcohol here. If an alcoholic drinks alcohol on purpose, they should reset their sober date because if an alcoholic purposely drinks alcohol, they are not sober. Period.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The new line of this product contains less than .5 percent alcohol from what I have read- I am not interested in fighting with anyone here so have a great Sunday! I am off to live life.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Location: “It doesn’t matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go.”
Stand tall

if if weren't for "hiccups" along the way, there would be no need for this forum, AA, or any other recovery program. The important thing is that you DO feel like crap, and you can remind yourself of that, so next time, it will be easier to aviod.
You can do it!
Old 05-15-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

So be it, you made your decision. You went from wanting to die to continuing to drink the tea. Oh, what a difference a day makes. Don't be angry at the responses you get. You posted your concerns and we are posting ours. That is all it is, nothing personal. My best to you...
Old 05-15-2011, 02:11 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

another day...another bit of HIGH Drama(for no reaso other than attention)! i'll skip the "Crisis du Jour" from now on....because it really isn't.

Sleepie; "God helps those who help themselves".....please join us on the GRATITUDE threads...it's a great place to focus on sobriety.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
As Carol has stated, this is an alcohol recovery board and we do not promote the use of alcohol here. If an alcoholic drinks alcohol on purpose, they should reset their sober date because if an alcoholic purposely drinks alcohol, they are not sober. Period.
If you've ever had orange juice you'd better reset your sobriety date then, as it contains some alcohol, or accidentally swallowed some Listerine...

Everyone has a different path to sobriety and not everyone agrees on what constitutes an "alcoholic drink," and it's certainly not my place to tell others what is right for them. Period.

GG
Old 05-15-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I don't drink orange juice unless I squeeze the oranges myself and I don't use listerine. A person is either sober or they aren't. No one is telling anyone what is right for them, just stating facts. Period.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Closed by request.

D