Notices

Tomorrow

Old 05-11-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is my Court Day for DUI. It has been adjourned for the last 9 months due to me being in rehab, then the police guy who charged me being on stress leave, so here we are nine months later and seven months sober, going to court tomorrow,, and my anxiety is going crazy, I still manage to get up go for a run, do my readings, gratitude list, pray, have faith, think positively, observe my thoughts and feelings having them come and go without hanging on to them and making them my reality. So much wish I did not have to go tomorrow. For so long I wanted this court day to be over and done with to move on and now that it is here I kind of wish it were not, Have all my references from rehab, and from my psychiatrist and from the Drug and Alcohol weekly group program. Will I survive tomorrow Yes I will, will I hear what I want to hear most likely not, strange the more I write about it the sicker I am starting to feel in my tummy.....I am just such a different person to who I was then......my life, my attitude everything has changed.........I am no longer the person who is plagued with resentments and jealousy, negative thoughts hopelessness, worthlessness (sometimes I still feel that way but I can now catch it in the act), still feel fear sometimes.....fear of no control I guess....but I do not let it run my life anymore.....I am sorry just needed to get this out there I guess I am also looking for some kind words and reassuring words.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Sounds like you are putting one foot in front of the other, doing all you can to move forward. Keep up the good work. You will get through this and believe it or not one day you will look back and be proud of the fact that you are stronger for the experience
Old 05-11-2011, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was a wreck the day & night before my DUI trial began. I felt utterly helpless, terrified of the unknowns, and defiantly angry at the prospect of being so publicly judged.*It is completely reasonable to be freaked out - I'd think it would be far more concerning if you were not phased by this.*

I'm not sure what sort of potential consequences you face, and I hope they are not severe, but regardless of the outcome, know that people do get thru this - I did, and so will you. Stay sober, be honest, chin up, and breathe.

Good luck tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by NobleCause View Post
... but regardless of the outcome, know that people do get thru this - I did, and so will you. Stay sober, be honest, chin up, and breathe.
Good advise. Turn this into a opportunity to grow. Face your fear head-on, without excuses, escape-routes or backup plans. Throw caution to the wind. Let the chips fall where they may. Thrust your HP. Detach from the outcome. Do all that and I guarantee...

"That which does not kill you makes you stronger".

But then again, it just might kill you LOL!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Hi Sidney-

When I went before the judge, for my 2nd dui, I had been sober for 10 months, completed 4 months of outpatient therapy, and had a sponsor and was darn near done with all 12 steps.

I, like you, was a different person.

I went to jail for 4 days (a minor part to my sentence) and when I was being processed, the cop lady kept asking me to stop smiling for my "intake picture". ...but I couldn't, b/c I was so grateful for being sober and actually knowing why I was in jail (the first two times I was blackout drunk and somewhat "awoke" in jail).

As of today, I've almost completed all of my sentence (classes, fines, jailtime, license suspension and more) and would I ever want to do this all over again? Heck no, but I used it to help me change even more to the person I'm capable of being.

You can too.

Easier said than done, but go on in there with your head up high. You're sober now.

You're not a bad person. You're a sick person getting better and there is no shame in that.

Please post tomorrow as to how it goes and PM me anytime.

We can and do recover and you, my friend, are living proof.

Kjell~
Old 05-11-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Instead of imagining the worst possible outcome, imagine the best possible outcome. The judge makes note of all your progress, praises you for taking your recovery seriously, tells you you're in much better shape than most people he sees, and give you a light sentence, just because "he has to give you something". That's probably more likely to happen anyway, right?
Old 05-11-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best of luck Sidney

D
Old 05-11-2011, 06:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Hi Sidney, It'll be fine. Try not to read to much into it, that use to be my worst problem. What will be, will be and you can then move on with that positive attitude you have.

Oh and from a neighbour JJ
Old 05-11-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just curious but what kind of fines do you guys in the land down under get. I know in the USA it can get expensive.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers for your peace zipping out ...
Old 05-12-2011, 11:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by BackToSquareOne View Post
Just curious but what kind of fines do you guys in the land down under get. I know in the USA it can get expensive.
A guy I know said;

When he got his first DUI, his lawyer was driving a Ford.
When he got his second DUI, his lawyer was driving a Cadillac.
When he got his third DUI, his lawyer was driving a Mercedes LOL!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
High on Life

At the end of the month I go to court to plead guilty for my second DUI. I pretty much already know what I'm in for as my attorneys already worked out my plea agreement. Don't you have a plea agreement worked out or are you going to trial?

Anyway, it will be a pain in the ass not to have a license and have to do a whole bunch of community service, but it could have been a whole lot worse, I could have killed someone and be looking at 15 yrs in prison. That would be a whole lot worse.

Just look at it as something you will never have to go through again if you continue to make positive changes if your life. I didn't learn my lesson the first time obviously, but the question is, have you??