Notices

Day 11

Old 05-11-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11

Day 11 of no drinking. Kind of a big deal for me. Is it awful that I think of the drinkers in my life and what a mess they are to abstain from drinking? I just never want to be like that. Some are older than I- I don't want to be like them in ten years.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is only right that it should be a big deal for you. Going one day without a drink was a major accomplishment in my life and each succeeding day, no matter how hard or trying, was a big deal. Today after quite a few years of not drinking it is still a big deal. For those of us who have recovered from "a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body" the state of sobriety is a daily blessing.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not kinda! It is a huge deal!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go on the 11 days!! Keep up the good work!

Old 05-11-2011, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job, keep going! You are doing fantastic.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Arc
Day 34

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Day 11 of no drinking. Kind of a big deal for me. Is it awful that I think of the drinkers in my life and what a mess they are to abstain from drinking? I just never want to be like that. Some are older than I- I don't want to be like them in ten years.
Congratulations on day 11, I myself am on day 15. I see a lot of people that are my age -- and some older, still on the same path of continuing destructive habits of addiction, some not as far along as others, but destructive none the less, I feel bad, but realize I need to help myself before I can make an attempt to help others. Some people require others to help them through, others need to just find it in themselves to succeed. What works for you to succeed is what you need to do.

I wish you many more days and nights of sobriety, Sleepie.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ultimately the work is done on one's own. A real hurdle will be my inability to sleep. Exercise, turning the tv off, reading, quitting caffeine, I don't smoke etc- I have done it all and this has been going on for years. I take something now but I don't know how it'll go when I stop taking something. Being sleep deprived is awful. I was up for 30 hours and then had 3 hour nap. Then later after a bike ride, I finally crashed. I loathe these kinds of cycles. Had trouble with sleeping before I ever touched a drop of alcohol. I am pretty sure my brain is stuck in nervous mode due to my unfortunate past.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Arc
Day 34

I agree, being sleep deprived is terrible, I myself am in that same boat. Alcohol was always the sure thing that made me crash out. I also take something at night that helps get over the hump of falling asleep, my goal is one day be off it completely, but still feel success in that fact I'm not drowning myself in booze just to black out. Guess it really is all about baby steps.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah Sleepie! Everything really does come in cycles, so try envisioning a time in the future when you're well rested, living in a nice safe neighborhood, etc.

You make us proud here with your progress.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

It is a big deal sleepie and just keep telling yourself what you wrote honey.
Im proud of you my darling.

JJ :ghug3
Old 05-11-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
orangutan

Way to go sleepie, you are doing great , keep up the fight.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks I was really wanting a drink after watching "Sideways".
Old 05-11-2011, 07:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great job! the best thing to do is focus on getting through today without a drink. Tomorrow is too far away to worry about. Getting through now, today without drinking is my favorite way of staying sober.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have certain people trying to push my buttons but I won't lower myself to their level- they are miserable drinkers professing false wisdom and happiness... egocentrics who are emotionally draining. I am always alone and that's hard because I have been hurt and lied to too many times to trust anyone anymore. So that's kind of hard to deal with. I won't go into the pile of s*** life has hurled at me again lately.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you're not letting others drag you down Sleepie

D
Old 05-11-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well, next week, next month and next year when they are still drinking themselves into a stupor I can look back on it all and be happy for my progress- which I am determined to make regardless of who tries to shut me up, shut me down or belittle me. They will all fade out. For now, each time I receive an "I miss you" text or a "Let's hang out" from an active drinker, I can coolly respond with assurance that I am thinking straight, and put it behind me if they become a pest. Some people just want to drag down anyone they can with them. You want to nuts- fine. But I'm not coming along.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Congrats!!!

Gg
Old 05-12-2011, 04:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Arc
Day 34

Well, next week, next month and next year when they are still drinking themselves into a stupor I can look back on it all and be happy for my progress- which I am determined to make regardless of who tries to shut me up, shut me down or belittle me. They will all fade out. For now, each time I receive an "I miss you" text or a "Let's hang out" from an active drinker, I can coolly respond with assurance that I am thinking straight, and put it behind me if they become a pest. Some people just want to drag down anyone they can with them. You want to nuts- fine. But I'm not coming along.
Sleepie, thats the spirit! I get texts, calls, IM's, emails, FB messages, the works. People saying YOU? NOT? DRINKING? And it feels great to tell them "yea, not tonight, not in the mood" I'm not 100% comfortable with telling everyone why I'm working on quitting for good. I can definitely relate to everything you said 100% though, keep on the right path, great job.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

A big congratulations,sleepie to you for your 11 days!!!! this is huge!NO it is not awful that you think of the drinkers and what drinking is doing to their lives.Keep up the good work!!
Becky