Notices

Baby Steps

Old 05-09-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Baby Steps

Had a slip two weeks ago yesterday. I have been looking back at it since it happened, but my head is feeling much clearer now. To give a backdrop, I drank way too much that Tuesday night, which proceed into Wednesday and Thurs. I felt absolutey horriable (physicially, mentally, and emotionally after). Got in a huge arguement with my wife, was asked to leave to cool down. Ended up badly spraining my ankle afterwards and haven't been able to run since. This is not good for me, since running is a huge stress outlet for me. I have managed to stay sober because I know my body will heal faster w/o alcohol. Today, my ankle feels nearly 100%, which makes me happy since I know I will be running again soon. I also realized I had a breakthrough. Normally, I would have drank until my foot felt better then put down the bottle and picked up running. Proud of myself for that. Baby steps will get me there!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes baby steps, hold onto those thoughts to help you remember that it is not worth it. I stopped excercising for a while after 3 months and realised it is so important for overall well being and stress outlet, glad your ankle is better and you can hit that pavement again. Keep it up, I look back now at two weeks, then three weeks and now wow 4 months and my life is a 180. Keep it up!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ethos23 View Post
Baby steps will get me there!
Either baby steps or RUN the other way when alcohol is near.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Yes, baby steps are still steps in the right direction Congrats on your 2 weeks, keep up the good work...it can only get better from here on out! I am glad that your ankle is back to 100% so you can get back to running. I have found exercise to be a great outlet although I am quite limited in my activites because of my physical state.

-Jess
Old 05-09-2011, 02:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by slugger9787 View Post
Either baby steps or RUN the other way when alcohol is near.
That is the plan when my foot is 100%
Old 05-09-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

That doesn't sound like a baby step to me. That sounds like a pretty big deal. Way to break out of an old idea!