Notices

up and down and up and down

Old 04-28-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

up and down and up and down

7 months sober and I am all over the place guess it has to do with my upcoming court case for DUI in two weeks. The closer it get to the date the more I am experiencing feelings of up and down,. My psychiatrist doubled my dose of antidepressants and put me on zanax to control my anxiety which in the last week has been stopping me from sleeping and basically functioning,. I know there is nothing I can do about my upcoming case and I have to try and stay in the now but some days it is easier said then done,,, even talking about it does not make it better since noone really knows for sure what the results will be, I guess worst case scenario Communicty service which with a fulltime job and three kids I have no idea how to cram that in...and yes here I am catastrophying it and pre-empting an outcome which I have no control over and my thinking will only lead me to the closest mental institution... I guess the positive side of it is that I am aware of it and even feel silly about venting about it since I know that the DUI was a direct result of my relapse and of my disease not something I did for fun. I have already been without a license for the last nine months since my case has been adjourned so many times. First time was because i was in rehab, second time because the police guy who arrested me was on stressleave due to a shooting incident, so now it is on the 13th of May. Friday the 13th funny that.....what a date....and yes I do wish I could have a psychic tell me what the outcome will be.....
Old 04-28-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If your prescriptions not working please do go back and let your psychiatrist know, Sidney.
I hope this will the last deferment of your court date

D
Old 04-28-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey,

My father used to say to me "control the controllables, don't worry about anything else"

This is out of your control. Its a waste of your energies building it up. You already know what the worst case scenario is and if you plan for that then you will already be ahead of yourself.

Ive no idea of the legal system in Oz so couldn't begin to guess what the end result will be but for a second offense in the UK its a 3 year ban and £1000 fine. They don't start looking at community service until the third offense which could also end you up in jail if whilst disqualified.

Just control the controllables, its all you can do.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Sidney, If this is a 1st offense and you are found guilty, the pentaly should be no more than the driving ban (inconvience) and a fine. You should not have to do anything other than that. Also, if this continues to keep getting delaying, this might be in your benefit as they would dismiss the case on grounds that your right to a speedy trail is violated.

Hope that it goes in your favour.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Any day above ground is a good one. I repeat that to myself whenever I'm struggling with a person, place or thing.

I know that I went to court after being clean and sober for a few months and completing rehab. They put me through a mental health court. It's been a few years and I'm still on unmonitored probation. Mostly that means that as long as I stay out of trouble, nothing happens. I still have a misdemeanor charge but no conviction on my record.

You have done positive stuff to deal with your problem, and most judges that I have witnessed, seem to look pretty darn favorable at stuff like that.

My court rules were always-call the judge by "your honor", and to wear pants and not jeans and wear a shirt and not a t-shirt.

You'll do a great job. You've come so far. Do you have a sponsor? I took mine a few times (I had to go once a month during mental health court) and my neighbor a few times (she took care of my children while I went to rehab and had to be approved by Children's Services because they had gotten involved in my case) so the courts
Old 04-29-2011, 01:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Try this...give yourself permission to fret about this for 15 minutes
a day....write down all your worries...then

either rip them up or tuck the paper away
not to be looked at until the day after the hearing.

I use a can...it's a God Can...meaning I'm turning over the results
to my Higher Power. Some call it a Universe Can...