Notices

Urination

Old 04-26-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You think the ER is a viable option? Maybe they could give me a nerve pill to calm me some. I think I will also try some AA meetings in the meantime. I like that idea. I have a hard time with idle time.

Yes, I think the ER is a viable option, so is a "Prompt Care" walk in clinic (or whatever name they go by in your community). I have been to both in my drinking career when I had a bit of the shakes and didn't want to drink a beer to calm myself. Both times I was in and out in a couple of hours and got a perscription for Valium. Both times the Valium took care of things within 24 - 36 hours and I didn't even bother to finish the perscription. It really helped.

I would also go to AA (I don't know if you have been there before) and introduce yourself as a newcomer, it's likely you will get a lot of face to face help from guys at the meeting who have already lived through what you are going through.

Good luck.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've never heard of AA meetings being full. Sometimes we might need to grab some folding chairs from down the hall, but everyone always has a place to sit.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Yes the ER will take you if your withdrawals are serious enough. I have been to ER for detox 12-20 times. The doctors and ER staff began to hate me but still admitted me because they knew it was life threatening. Alcohol withdrawal can be very serious & they will more than likely give you a "nerve pill" to help ya out.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

There's no such thing as a "Full" AA meeting. Some may be crowded. So, what are you willing to do to get sober? Which would you rather do, sit in a crowded AA meeting or be humiliated when your wife insists on buying rubber sheets or worse, hands you a box of Depends. And then there's the possibility she will just call the police and have you removed. Give AA a try. I knew a guy who used to pee in the clothes hamper, but since he got sober, it hasn't happened since.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

All you need to do is look up one of those urgent care places, you know like the ones you go to on weekends if you have bronchitis or a sore throat when your dr's office is closed....they're all over the place and in the phone book.

Call them and ask if they treat alcohol withdrawal. most do, and the whole visit might cost you $50 bucks.

Good luck.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Idiot!

I wet myself every night towards the end of my drinking - I have not done it once since I stopped.

You will get better friend.

Stu.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gone2far View Post
Wall, it looks like moderation for me. No AA (all the meetings near me are full), and no free-clinics.
Excuse!
Please quit today. I suspect soon you will have no one to pee on.
I wish you well and hope sobriety takes you.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You are not alone gone2far

I had a buddy I was living with peed himself to sleep every night from being blackout drunk. When he finally got the balls to put himself in rehab I knew he was never coming back. Another buddy and I cleaned out his room and when we got to the bed we found a hole all the way through the mattress. He had even gone so far as to put plastic on the ceiling of the basement to catch it, his room was over his carpentry work room and I never realized what the plastic was for until he was gone.

He would use heavy power saws all night while getting stone blackout drunk and then stumble to his bed and pee himself. He is lucky he only had the pee as a problem and never cut off a finger. Just food for thought.

You are doing the right thing coming here, now is the time to take action. Good luck in your medically supervised detox and check in with us to let us now how you are.

Hang in there, it gets better.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sudz No More View Post
He would use heavy power saws all night while getting stone blackout drunk...