Notices

Feeling a little dry lately..

Old 04-24-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One moment at a time.

Feeling a little dry lately..

First off the term "dry" is a way I like to describe the feeling I get after being away from AA meetings for awhile and/or when I am slacking on my work or relationship with God. I know some folks don't like the term, but it is one that I picked up from my sponsor and others in meetings so I use it in this sense.

Anyways I got in to a car accident on Tuesday heading back to work after a group therapy session.. Nothing major but my car is currently out of commission. With that said I have been having a hard time getting to a meeting. (work, the fact that I live on base and not many people I know can come on base to pick me up, insufficiant money for cab rides and so on.)

So basically no way to get to a meeting, and this week I will not be able to get to one either because we are going underway till Friday (out to sea, for those who don't know I'm in the navy.)

So the inability to make it to a meeting really shouldn't be an excuse to slack off on my AA work and my relationship with God but.. unfortunately it has which has made me feel for the past couple days, discontented, self pity, boredom, and selfish... Or what I like to say "dry" which to me means all those bad feelings and more all in one word lol..

But the bottom line is that I have stayed sober and I am sober today, and I more than likely will be sober tomorrow aswell...

Also there is another AA on my boat and if I can link up with him we will be able to have a meeting or two while we are underway.

I just felt I needed to share this..

Old 04-24-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing and I hope you can meet up with the other AA while underway..aren't ships dry btw?
Old 04-24-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One moment at a time.

Yeah, but it's not hard to bring booze onboard.. I used to all the time back in my active drinking days.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Thanks for sharing and I hope you can meet up with the other AA while underway..aren't ships dry btw?
Amen...
Old 04-24-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Sorry to hear about your car..... maybe you could come here every day for a while. I know it really helps me. Reading can help too - maybe a new book on recovery or spirituality might be an option (something positive).

Remember that "this too shall pass" and take it one day at a time!:ghug3
Old 04-25-2011, 12:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I feel less "dry" by coming on here and reading / posting. It's not the same as a meeting but does help....