Notices

Cant sleep....

Old 04-16-2011, 01:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cant sleep....

Well imagine that! A newly sobered alcoholic with a sleep problem! I'm original.

Anyway. My girl wont budge she still wants me out by months end and I'm having a terrible time finding a place to go. But God will put me where he needs me as long as I do some footwork.I have to believe that. I know I wont end up out on the street...well...here's hoping at least..lol.

My sponsor has me doing readings on step 2 and 3 out of the Big Book and the 12 and 12. Easy going...but important to lay down a solid foundation before I go building a house.

Oh well I aint sure where I'm heading but I'm sure I'll stay sober if I do today what I did yesterday +1. Peace - Jim
Old 04-16-2011, 05:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Not sure if your in the Elk Creek area near Lexington Ky or Cincinnati OH, but or wherever, but check out the nearest Salvation Army. Many times they can give you ideas on 'cheap and safe' places since you are in recovery and may even be able to help a bit with the first week or months rent or the deposit.

Just a thought.

Trust in HP, something will turn up when you least expect it.

Sorry you can't sleep but it will get better. Then when you get up in your 60's insomnia will again set in, roflmao I am just now heading for bed again, lol to see if I can fall asleep.

Love and hugs,
Old 04-16-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One moment at a time.

Just keep up on your homework from your sponsor and trust that things will turn out alright.

As for your sleep problems... For me I still have sleep problems, I just have to keep myself busy when I'm laying there in bed to keep me from getting stuck in my own head.. I usually read, watch movies, or putz around on the computer until I know for sure I'll be about ready to sleep.. The biggest thing is to keep your mind at ease and away from them self pitying and self seeking thoughts.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
Not sure if your in the Elk Creek area near Lexington Ky or Cincinnati OH, but or wherever, but check out the nearest Salvation Army. Many times they can give you ideas on 'cheap and safe' places since you are in recovery and may even be able to help a bit with the first week or months rent or the deposit.

Just a thought.

Trust in HP, something will turn up when you least expect it.

Sorry you can't sleep but it will get better. Then when you get up in your 60's insomnia will again set in, roflmao I am just now heading for bed again, lol to see if I can fall asleep.

Love and hugs,
What a wonderful transitional idea...I hope you can get some rest...soon.

~God bless~