Notices

Realization

Old 04-12-2011, 09:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Realization

Man, I just realized or have known that I no longer fit in. With or without alcohol I just feel like I don't and won't fit in. It really does not matter if I am drunk or not drunk anymore. I have come to realize that maybe it's gonna be a long life of solitude no matter what I do. I don't play "the game" as most people do and I don't feel that I can be in "that" game. I have come to realize that I am so different that I am bound to be a secluded, ********, lonely, pathetic, man. All of this is based on me being a quiet, reflective, introverted man. I am at the point that I am willing to accept this b/c I really don't care about putting myself out there b/c IMO people ****** suck man!

I don't know what I am trying to say, but I feel like "OUTCAST" will be my label forever no matter what. and I am a bit scared...I mean not really, but **** I don't know...I am struggling in so many ways.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno DWD...turning my attention to myself in recovery I realised I'd rarely fit anywhere in my life - apart from being one of the drinking boys.

I'd always needed a drink or a drug to try and fit in because deep down I guess I felt I wasn't good or interesting or exciting enough.

A large part of my recovery has been accepting I am who I am, and being comfortable with that...the whole peeling back the layers of the onion thing.

And once I was comfortable with who I was, other people got a lot more comfortable too.

I don't think that's an accident. I really believe we get back what we put out

It's a process and it can take a while. I had 40 years of history to rifle through.

Don't get discouraged - you will find your 'spot' and you won't be alone

D
Old 04-12-2011, 09:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I relate to you a lot. Kind of. When I drank I fit in just fine. But ever since I quit drinking I became extremely introverted. I've been friendless for the past two years because of it. I've grown used to it though but sometimes it just sucks!! and makes things hard.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I dunno DWD...turning my attention to myself in recovery I realised I'd rarely fit anywhere in my life - apart from being one of the drinking boys.

I'd always needed a drink or a drug to try and fit in because deep down I guess I felt I wasn't good or interesting or exciting enough.

A large part of my recovery has been accepting I am who I am, and being comfortable with that...the whole peeling back the layers of the onion thing.

And once I was comfortable with who I was, other people got a lot more comfortable too.

It's a process and it can take a while. I had 40 years of history to rifle through.

D
Thanks Dee. Well, most of my posts have been about fitting in and stuff. And maybe I just don't even care anymore dude. I don't know really. To be honest I am drinking tonight. It's not fun really. I am alone but so glad that I have GREAT people like you to give me some feedback. thanks!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
Thanks dee again. But for me, like others, is that my repuation is beyond my control

at least from my past and my past for other people will always be what it is no matter what.

They will always think of me the last time they saw me or interacted with me but.....yea Dee you are so great for answering most of the time.

I really appreciate ya man....seriously. You and others on here are all that have sometimes....thanks
Old 04-12-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't believe our reputation is beyond our control.

I used to be the neighbourhood drunk - I was that guy.

Now I'm not - for a long time it amazed me how few people remembered the 'old me'.
Now I know it's what I did today that counts 99% of the time - so dump the bottle DWD.

There's no answers behind you, man.
D
Old 04-12-2011, 10:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dee, thanks so much for at least replying man. You are the MAN! I love SR dude!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm going to get off of SR right now b/c I feel like I'm just on the low spectrum of problems...!

I respect everyone on here and appreciate everyone's opinion/advice. Thanks.

DWD
Old 04-12-2011, 10:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hope tomorrow brings you peace