Notices

Having a hard time

Old 04-12-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a hard time

I'm feeling a great deal of anger, frustration and rage. Keeping it cool on the outside but ready to blow a gasket inside.

There are major changes soon to place in my home life that are being planned without me. Our pregnant daughter and boyfriend getting married and planning on living in my house against my wishes. I already have provided them one of my cars, now they think I'm going to support them with my home, food, utilities, etc.

I'm deadset against this, but my wife and her family don't care what I think, apparently.

I quit drinking months ago but am struggling now with the remaining personality issues. Was doing good up until last couple days, now having real problem with feeling out-of-control and raging inside about it. I'm tired of being treated like a doormat, but if I hold my ground, they all accuse me of being an ass.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Dave, I remember letting (or allowing) my daughter (while pregnant) live here with her soon to be husband. It was a hard decision but they needed help despite me trying to teach them to avoid this in the first place.
I still have issues with my son in law and daughter at times but they did move out long ago and I miss my grand baby now.

I doubt this helps but I was in a similar situation, I wanted him gone but my wife supported them, and now I'm glad she did.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there Dave!
Sometimes blessings come that we are not able to see.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Try this....at least you will know your daughter and the baby
will not be homeless or hungry.
If she left tomorrow...ran away with no contact...you would have
a lot more to be concerened about.

Not the same circumstances but my son R was missing for 14 years.
. yes he did come back but you sure don't want to live thru that hell

Prayers going out for all of you
Old 04-12-2011, 10:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Dave,
I can certainly relate to having things done around home that are not just "against my wishes" but done completely without my opinion considered.

Lately I've been reading the chapter in the BB about the Family After. Maybe that could be a good read.

You know how I can empathize with how you feel from earlier today (dull crappiness now). My family basically learned to do things without me since nothing would ever get done. When I put my foot down on anything they would drop it until I was drunk again and go ahead and defy me then. You and I have similar sober time so I'm wondering if your family is still learning or maybe even in denial that you'll have consistent feelings or opinions??? I can sure see how this change is a tall order to swallow if you choose to.
-Peace
SPG
Old 04-12-2011, 11:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dave, I can also definitely relate to that feeling and experience. I'm in a consistently high stress work environment with a boss who is absolutely diabolical and definitely does not treat employees fairly. Things are done all the time around me that can range from being annoying to almost enraging. I try and deal with it not by denying anger and frustration, but venting with friends, and "managing" it in the sense that I allow myself to be angry, but I don't and can't let it consume me or lead me to destructive behavior (like binge drinking as I have done in the past).

This is probably little or no consolation for you, but please know that you are not alone.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post

Try this....at least you will know your daughter and the baby
will not be homeless or hungry.
If she left tomorrow...ran away with no contact...you would have
a lot more to be concerened about.

Not the same circumstances but my son R was missing for 14 years.
. yes he did come back but you sure don't want to live thru that hell

Prayers going out for all of you
Amen...