Notices

My Alcoholic Dream

Old 04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Alcoholic Dream

It was odd. I was hanging out with a girl that I went to school with ( 20 years ago!) and I was chugging champagne ( which I don't like ). The feeling of anxiety that I felt in the dream was so real; I kept saying over and over again...." I can't believe I drank. ".......I hated the feeling of drinking in the dream.....I don't miss it anymore. I found once I hit the three month mark, it got much easier for whatever reason. And here I am...102 days sober. The mind is a funny thing.....
Old 04-12-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you continue to move forward...
Old 04-12-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

One of my wife's clients just passed away after fighting a brain tumor for two years. Her husband is doing a "celebrate life" service and luncheon on Sunday. My wife told me about it as we were going to sleep. Asked me if I wanted to go with her. "Sure" I said. As I was falling asleep I asked her were was it at and she mentioned some winery about 45 minutes from her.

All night long I was having wine dreams. One was so vivid that I woke up at 3 AM wondering were I had hidden the bottles. This after almost 7 months of sobriety, and I hardly ever drank wine. I hate those dreams..... but they are getting less frequent.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have those dreams, in the last one I took a shot of whiskey as someone pushed it across the table to me… I remember the color, the vividness of the smell and taste as it burned my throat and warmed my insides.

I felt instant guilt afterwards; I was so relieved when I woke up to find my sobriety still intact.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
where the light is

The thing about vivid drinking dreams is that I wake up in a near state of panic (remember that feeling?) but then feel enormous gratitude for my sobriety once I realize it was only a dream.

A good reminder of why I do what I do and how important my sobriety is.