Notices

Breakfast Beer!

Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
...is learning and growing...

I hate anything fizzy for breakfast so I'll pass on this beer...but the last day before my recovery I put down three double vodka OJs before 10am no prob

So sad and glad those days are over...
Old 04-06-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
Well here is my town the bars are open 24/7. I've had lots of breakfast drinks.
Haha being from the same city I can tell you I often partook in a morning beer and yes the bars are open in the morning. Honestly, makes me a little embarassed to just think about myself drinking that early in the morning.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by UniqueNewYork View Post
I was about to say f that ***** fruit beer drink real men drink bloody marys in the morning

Then I remembered I don't drink

LOL
Lol. This was my exact reaction too. Then I realized that was probably just the part of me that loathed to be normal and self-confident and hid it behind statements like this.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
skg

Drinking in public in the morning never seemed to be an issue. Peeing in public in the morning, however, has consequences.

Copious quantities of alcoholic beverages, fruity or not, seems to be interconnected with public peeing... Well, that and gravity. Oddly enough.

Since coming to AA and getting sober I have not found it necessary to pee in public...
Old 04-06-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Since I was never an OJ drinker, actually hated the stuff and still do, after 'coming too' be it morning or noon or night my first drink or 2 or 3 would be vodka in V8 juice, thought I was being 'healthy' that way, roflmao

Yep, I remember that last year and a half on the streets of Hollyweird and there were bars that opened at 6AM and they would have customers (me too if I had a buck or two in my pocket).

Now when I and the family go out for brunch like on Easter, my daughter and S-I-L will have a Mirmosa. I drive us home, lol yes, they are 'normies.' But when I first had seen this and forwarded it to daughter even she was rather upset about the 'promoting' of breakfast beer. She knows and somewhat understands the alcoholism problem (gee I wonder why, lol) that is getting worse around the world.

I think they just promoted wrong and if they had not mentioned the 'breakfast' word in their ads no one would have made a comment, and then on the other hand, maybe they mentioned the 'breakfast' word on purpose, as they sure got a bunch of 'free' advertising that way and the word got out to those with a problem that there was another product on the market to try.

Having been to Oz 13 times since '87 and on several of those visits taking time to go to New Zealand, I don't see their alcohol problem as any worse than here in the US or the Cayman Islands or Belize or Costa Rica, etc it is a problem worldwide.

Ok, getting off my soapbox, roflmao

all of above is J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
Don't feel too bad, Manz. There's no shortage of dive bars in California that proudly advertise the fact they open at 8 a.m. I don't think they're serving "lunch" at that hour...
When I lived in Newport Beach I knew of several that opened at 6am.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by UofI2008 View Post
Haha being from the same city I can tell you I often partook in a morning beer and yes the bars are open in the morning. Honestly, makes me a little embarassed to just think about myself drinking that early in the morning.
Wow! Do you ever visit here anymore?

I travel a lot on business and there aren't too many places with 24/7 bars anymore. This is a great town for a drunk like me, but it is also a great place to be sober.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
My breakfast used to be beer for years. And R&A is right, here in SoCal there's plenty of bars open bright and early. Today on my way to work I actually had to go by a bar that my mom left her credit card at last night and was to hungover to get and there was one guy at the bar tossin em back around 8 this morning.
How do you know that guy didn't work the night shift? 8 AM could be "after work" for him.

To each their own.

The "Judge-Penitent" persona adopted by so many people "in recovery" is most unbecoming.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

For me, breakfast consisted of what was leftover in the wine bottle from the night before. I would buy a huge bottle of cheap swill packing the biggest punch. It was nasty, reminiscent of fermented rutabagas. Disgusting...

I gave up beer. It was to filling and didn't get the job done fast enough. I drank it only if I had to. Meaning, if there wasn't another option. These days I stick with water.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:27 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

As my old fishing captain used to say

"you can't drink all day, if you don't start early."
Old 04-07-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I was at whole foods getting dinner....while I waited for them to heat it up I perused the high end small batch beer selection....no idea why other than it was the only drinks section near the prepared food.

Anyhow...there was a highly rated beer there called....Delerium Tremens (Sp?)....wow....is that in bad taste or what...it sickened me that an alcohol would be naked after a life threatening side effect of alcohol addiction.

I am thinking of voicing a complaint/concern but not sure who to