Notices

Withdrawal, no one is taking me serious. Day 17

Old 03-30-2011, 11:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yeh, well I didn't exactly exchange one for the other. I went 24 days with nothing at all, water and sleep. Only taken the opiates for the last few days as I'm feeling rather unwell, emotional and edgy. Just to try to keep me from drinking as I was enjoying not drinking but know it makes me feel better.
Anyway I had resisted until last night, posted expecting a bit of support and got a sanctimonious response of me not trying sufficient. Anyway I'm off the wagon, maybe I'm overly emotional and my expectation of support from strangers without this sanctimonious brashness is no good for me, obviously not, drinking wasn't on my mind till I posted my feelings.
I did break my record, something I suppose.

Oh, and to she so rightly mighty . Nice job!!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If you want to drink, that is your business. If you want to stop, AA can help.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well, if you consider the views of people who are clean/sober to be sanctimonious, I'm not going to argue with you.

But I'm sure some here would agree with this particular analogy.

Your house is on fire, you've managed to extinguish the fire in that one room, now you're telling us you're feeling heat and the smoke is getting thick.

Folks here are trying to tell you, as you obviously haven't noticed, that while you were busy putting out the fire in that one room, it's spread to another part of the house.

Now you can congratulate yourself on what a splendid job you've done in putting out the fire in that one room, but in the interim, the rest of your house is burning to the ground.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are high on opiates bragging about being "sober" for 17 days and wonder why nobody is taking you serious? That's twisted thinking....think about it and take a little resposibility instead of bitching about people telling you the truth.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I've Been Through It Too!!

Originally Posted by Scrubmuncher View Post
My parents are kind of trying to ignore my state, so I went to the doctor as I'm really withdrawing. Head, back, legs, my bladder is doing somthing very weird, I'm scatty, dizzy and generally feel like sh1t, but I am not drinking.
I've been overdosing on opiates deliberately to keep some form of sedation but kith the paracetamol is making my stomach cramp. I went to the dice, I asked him for some Librium, he said I look fine, skittered at me and dismissed my plea. No sleep in 3 days, at all, knackered but not tired. I want to get up but I can't be bothered. I don't want a drink but I think it might make me feel a bit better if I can force one down.
Jeeeesus, it's a confusing time and I am expected to start a new job the first week of may. Dream job, not looking good at this rate.
Apart from this everything is hunky doorey and I'm going on for 18 days sober, longest stretch in 22 years.:rotfxko

Today makes my 20th day of sobriety so I'm not that far behind you. I went through terrible withdrawals as well however mine were for about a week right after I stopped drinking. I shook so bad that I could hardly walk down the staircase in my house. I threw up for 3 days and had halucinations for 5 days...I thought I was going crazy. Anyway, it will pass, however if you are into herbal supplements I would be more than happy to share some herbs for you that just might make the withdrawals less severe.

Delirious
Old 03-30-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Like I said until you are honest with yourself anything we say here you are going to miscontude as not being supportive.I'm really sorry you started drinking again.You know that is not going to help.No one is being sanctimonious, what you are getting is tough love! I don't want you to have to go through what I did. If I did't care I wouldn't be on here. God Bless Please keep posting you will get the support you need but you have to take the first step.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I had 2weeks alcohol free, 2 days and three nights opiate assisted, that's an accomplishment to me.
Suki, there is a place and time to get sanctimonious and up your own jacksy, possibly you don't want others to succeed, your attitude stinks and isn't helpful. You repeat a negativity without any positivity or compassion, this proves my point you are very salty, please stay out of my recovery attempt, ignore my pleas in future, ok!
Old 03-30-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I took the first 2nd and 3rd but I'm to emotional over this to deal with some of this BS, I think you guys forget what this is like. I'd never wish you need to come back to remember. Well done to you guys but if you're into that tough love stuff, I'm a quivering mess who is on the edge, just fkcus me up, as I have seen right now.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenetrk View Post
You're trying to justify the abuse of opiates. Yes, it's good you're not drinking but you need to be honest with yourself. You're just substituting one for the other.I know 'cause I've been there.Anytime you take more than prescribed that's called abuse. You're using the phrase"overdosing on opiates deliberately". What's the difference? People here are not going to coddle you and tell you what you want to hear.They are telling you through their own experiences what the consequences will be if you don't get help with this. I don't want to not give you "positive" reinforcement but you need to own up to what the reality of your situation is. Please get the help you so deserve.
worth repeating and re-reading....and now you feel justified in drinking again, because no one applauded? you so want this new job, this is NOT the best way to prepare for it....i'm sure that your stomach and lower GI is in a mess from 20 pills a day along with dehydration.

you want to be taken seriously, go to the nearest ER for a professional opinion about what you are doing to your poor body.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I truly understand what you are going through.It's called the ravages of addiction.You have no control over your using, the drugs do. But you need to listen to the advice of those who have been where you are.No one wants to admit to any addiction. But that's one of the first steps of recovery.I went from using 6 pills a day to over 30. I went through he!!.You don't want to go down that road! And now that you're drinking again your just adding to the situation. I don't have to tell you, you can't mix alcohol with opiates. It's dangerous. There is help out there. Please seek it out.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm really, really sorry you decided to drink again Scrub.

You see, I have been a chronic relapser for years. The only
one I was fooling was my own self. I do understand the
deep physical and emotional pain that you are in. I lived it.

That is why it was so darn clear to me what you were/are doing.
If you take a minute and maybe reread this thread you might see
there really is support here.

Please go see your Doctor or get to the ER. You don't have
to live this way a minute longer if you reach out for help again.
Withdrawal sucks, I know. The only way through it, is through it.
Medically supervised detox followed completely is the easiest,
but it IS hard to understand that when you are in the grip of
addiction.

I do wish you well.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:44 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

...I'm a quivering mess who is on the edge...
I can see that, Scrub, having been there myself at one time. It sucks, no getting around that fact. If it didn't suck, I would never have considered getting sober.

For whatever reason (desperate, sloppy drunks think I'm the bomb?), I've had the opportunity to work with a fair number of 'wet' alcoholics. And a fair number of those that would mingle alcohol detox with benzos or opiates.

My observation is that it is nearly impossible for an alcoholic to manage his own chemically assisted detox. The level of delusion (what I think I need versus what I really physically need) is too great. It almost always fails. You can take that or leave that, but it's the truth of my experience.

At 17 days, you just aren't dealing with acute alcohol withdrawal any more. What you are doing is abusing the drugs you have. No amount of reasoning is going to change that fact. If you are having that kind of reaction to the drugs you're taking, then having somebody knowledgeable monitoring and controlling your detox would be very helpful.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

No,,,, nobody is understanding me, I went 2 full weeks without anything. I felt great but in a sh1t kinda unhealthy but healthy way. My body was reacting to a form of frustrated pain, I could feel me muscles twisting in my back of my shoulder blades, needing a help, one help over that entire period. It was that or relapse. So I took pain killers to ease my pain. What is wrong with that. I am not denying my addiction problems, but I know this opiate isn't needed when I'm feeling ok. I went to the doctor but he told me I looked fine. He gave me these opiates, just I'm using them quicker than he prescribed.
Anyway, doesn't matter, I'm drinking again, and probably worse, in the dark in my bed. Here we frinkin go again.
This all coz one poster upset my vulnerable predicament, haha. If I'd not posted then I'd not have a drink.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

This all coz one poster upset my vulnerable predicament, haha. If I'd not posted then I'd not have a drink.

Okay, I was going to honor your request to not respond to your posts, but I'm going to have to call HUGE BS on that! No one here caused you to drink. There is no way I'm going to allow you to try and push that off on me, buddy. YOU chose to drink after you didn't get the responses you wanted after admitting you were abusing opiates. This is all on you, bud!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I went 2 full weeks without anything.
Oh, so this is not so complicated then. No withdrawal from anything. Sober for two weeks, picks back up again. That's what alcoholics do.

Fortunately, you don't have to keep doing this. Many of us have recovered, and you can too if you're willing to do what we did.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

"Nobody is understanding me" Either you aren't understanding what is being said to you or you're refusing to. Yes, there are times when certain drugs are appropriate for pain. But you're not using them the way they were prescribed.And considering the fact that you already have an issue with alcohol, that's a problem! You can't blame a post on your drinking again. We all have personal responsibility.Nothing or no one can be responsible for your sobiety, or lack of except you.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Scrub, there is a solution. If you don't want to hear from certain people just click on their name and click on "add to my ignore list". That way you don't have to see anything from them to upset you and "make" you drink again.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Scrub,

You didn't just take a few painkillers to ease your pain - you're about 2 and a half time over the recommended dose...at least by my local standards

That's a problem.

Noone here has forgotten what it's like - in fact it's because we haven't forgotten, we're trying to share our experience - for your benefit.

You made it 17 days sober - that great. Noone has been belittling that achievement.

But swapping one drug for another is not progress - it may even prove to be a retrograde step.

Looking for a state of sedation should be a sign to you that you're not out of the woods yet.

If you're not happy with your doctor, find another one. Think about some other recovery options - AA, Smart, some of the UK community health options - I know I've given you the links more than once.

Blaming us for your drinking again is simply not true and not fair.
Abusing other members here is also not fair.
Please remember that everyone here has taken time out to try and help you.

Any more abuse and the thread will close.

All we can do is share our experience - whether you accept those experiences as valid, or listen or not is up to you.

D
Old 03-30-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

No,,,, nobody is understanding me, I went 2 full weeks without anything. I felt great but in a sh1t kinda unhealthy but healthy way. My body was reacting to a form of frustrated pain, I could feel me muscles twisting in my back of my shoulder blades, needing a help, one help over that entire period. It was that or relapse. So I took pain killers to ease my pain. What is wrong with that. I am not denying my addiction problems, but I know this opiate isn't needed when I'm feeling ok. I went to the doctor but he told me I looked fine. He gave me these opiates, just I'm using them quicker than he prescribed.
Anyway, doesn't matter, I'm drinking again, and probably worse, in the dark in my bed. Here we frinkin go again.
Hi Scrub,

You titled your thread "Withdrawal, no one is taking me serious. Day 17". I've read all of your comments and the member responses. People here were just trying to help you and be honest, but I think you may have already had it in your head to play the role of a victim, as indicated by the title of your thread. (I could be wrong)

From my experience, opiates make me feel sick, all of the things you described. You can't expect people on a sobriety forum to condone your substance abuse. Also from experience I have done the exact same thing in blaming someone or some event on me deciding to get wasted. A comment or two here has upset me at times, but then there were the other 100 great stories I read or useful advisements I received. As with everything, your experience is what you make of it.

Please stop trying to shift the responsibility for your drinking onto other people here who are struggling with the same issues you are. They're trying to help. I hope you feel better.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Suki, just keep your attitude out, I get bad vibes from you, so please make like a tree!