Notices

Not. Happy.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not. Happy.

:uzi2:

That about sums it up. Inability to sleep at appropriate hours is EFFING up my life.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you're not sleeping well sleepie.
I haven't been doing so well myself lately.

lets hope we both get a turn around soon.

D
Old 03-29-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm very unhappy lately. Part of the problem is I am overthinking things. Also, I have been putting in a lot of overtime when I don't have to which is dumb of me. I just yawned twice while typing this so the sleep thing should take care of itself. Have you ever tried Melatonin? Its a herbal supplement they sell at CVS and Walgreens. I take two tablets before bed every once in a while. For me it really does work. Sometimes I even have a slight hangover from it which I think is ok since its "herbal".
Old 03-29-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

for me, the insomnia early on was the worst. i could tolerate almost anything else, but not sleeping was horrible for me. it does get better though.

there was a time when i never ever thought i'd ever sleep again, and i mean that. now, i sleep like a baby. try to hang in there....it does get better.

i'm not sure if you're still tapering on the k'pins or drinking at all, but this is why i refused to taper. it was prolonging the withdrawal imo. i know what dr's said, but imo the sooner i could get these substances out of my body, never to return, the better.

i think in my mind i was more willing to take a vicious short term withdrawal than a slower more drawn out one. i guess in my mind it was the difference between a bad ass kicking as opposed to papercuts in the webs of my fingers everyday for 6 months. you know?

anyway, i hope you find sleep soon. benedryl helped me early on, and i still take it on nights when i have allergies or take more than an hour to fall asleep which is very rare for me nowadays.

i'll keep praying for you Sleepie. anytime you need to vent, drop me a pm. i know what it's like to watch the sunrise in 2 days with no sleep....but like i said..it does get better.