Notices

Another go.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another go.

I am ready now to face an attempt, again- to walk away from alcohol entirely and hopefully for good. We all know this is a challenge. I'm not new here and many of you know me from my posts. This time I am trying a different approach. One of compassion towards myself. Something I have experienced very little of and so I think I will give myself that. And drawing boundaries and sticking to them. And reminding myself that it's a privilege to have me someone's life and they need to earn that- I'm not giving it away anymore.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Re: Another go

Sleepie;

You have encouraged us, from time to time, throughout this forum and in the hearts of those who do care, so I guess it's about time to give back a portion of what we've received. Your right...don't "ever" give away what you have earned -in sobriety- and "never" let anyone rent space in your head, regardless of how difficult that may be. We would rather you spend more quality time around caring people and within the confines of this sober network, so you can enjoy all the benefits worthy of God's best, as always -one day at a time.

~God bless~

Old 03-28-2011, 02:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hope this will be your time for sobriety...
Old 03-28-2011, 03:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
I am ready now to face an attempt, again- to walk away from alcohol entirely and hopefully for good. We all know this is a challenge. I'm not new here and many of you know me from my posts. This time I am trying a different approach. One of compassion towards myself. Something I have experienced very little of and so I think I will give myself that. And drawing boundaries and sticking to them. And reminding myself that it's a privilege to have me someone's life and they need to earn that- I'm not giving it away anymore.
Hi Sleepie

I am having problems with another person and came across this video. It seems this girl has gone through a lot of the things you are:

YouTube - Scapegoat No More!

I think you should listen to some of the things she says. It sounds like you are where she is. She says "there is something greater for me that I am getting ready to accomplish".

UNY
Old 03-28-2011, 05:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yews, good luck sis.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Moment of Conception

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
And drawing boundaries and sticking to them. And reminding myself that it's a privilege to have me someone's life and they need to earn that- I'm not giving it away anymore.
I like the sound of this a lot, its very encouraging stuff, and a great attitude to base one's retrieval of self-respect. This maybe a good boundary to keep in itself.

Top drawer Sleepie, best o luck to you
Old 03-28-2011, 01:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I tried Uniyork, but the audio is so poor I can hardly hear her even with the volume cranked.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru-Qe...eature=related
This guy seems dead on. Weird I was a total scapegoat and I am the only one who has ever sought therapy. And I have a brother who is as narcissistic and manipulative as our mother and they are like 2 peas in a pod now- mommy's little monster- he was always her personal favorite and our father also favored him and would make sure we all knew he was loved and a special son- but myself and my youngest brother could go to he**. He was also the only one of us who was a planned pregnancy and not a lamentable accident as we were also constantly reminded.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Old 03-28-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work Sleepie, you are on the right path.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I will tell you a quick story about myself eight years ago. I told myself if I quit drinking I will buy myself a new BMW. Unfortunately for me even that didn't work ( Like a lot of others, I must have tried to quit over 100 times).

I hit bottom about 7.5 years ago when my wife gave me an ultimatum and after outpatient rehab and a lot of hard work and soul searching have been sober ever since.

I guess what I am saying is that good luck to you sleepie and I encourage you to keep trying to do what is necessary to stay sober and live life how it was intended. But don't forget the hard work and tough road part.

Dave
Old 03-28-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck sleepie

D
Old 03-28-2011, 05:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good for you, Sleepie.

I've told you before I think you're smart and caring (and kind of badass too). You deserve compassion and respect, especially from yourself.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Hi Sleepie-

Please, this time, just consider that the solution to your alcoholism may come from outside of your own head.

Time to get rid of old ideas.

Kjell~
Old 03-28-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

You can do it! I have been following your posts and wondering how the Klonopin withdrawal been going? I have been off my benzo 2 months and things are finally getting a bit better.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am doing a really, really slow taper- I was down a bit too much too quickly and so now I'm somewhere in between Justfor1 but I am just under 1/2 my orignial dose. So I am glad for that.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Slow tapering is the best way to go. BTW I also live in Chicago and am also concerned about the violence in the "hood." I remember reading your other posts. I plan on moving, hopefully, before Summertime when it gets really bad.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Oh boy... well you're familiar with Uptown then...? I'm right in the hub of activity.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good to see your back Sleepie. You know as we all do that this doesn't have to be an attempt it can and will be the last time you go through this and the action is on you to make it happen.

We are here for you and I know that getting a good program of support in place made all the difference for me.

Keep it going!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say that I'm digging the avatar!