Notices

Venting - got ditched on date night

Old 03-26-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Venting - got ditched on date night

Trying to find someplace to vent and not sure if this is the right one. I don't have a sponsor yet and no one else to really talk to. No urge to drink.

The significant other and I had arranged a "date" night (dinner) tonight. The relationship is on the mends (kinda) and I was hoping to just have some time alone with her. She had made plans with a friend for last night but found out yesterday that the concert was tonight. She had no problem in canceling our plans and going out with her friend.

I know she would have been upset if I had done that to her (I never have and never would). She has basically just played it off like it's no big deal. This is the norm lately and I'm not really surprised by the action but still it hurts. Oh I wish the sun was up a bit later. I really need a bike ride right now.

Anyway, thank you for listening (reading).
Old 03-26-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you married to this woman? Have you done something really offensive lately that might still have her fuming?

If NO to both, this might be time to re-evaluate just whether you guys need to be together. My $.02 only.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have you tried telling her how it made you feel? Like explain it to her how you just did to us now? It might help.. but who knows... It could back-fire. It's hard to tell someone how you feel these days without them trying to defend themselves and justify things.

I wish you the best! Hope things get better for the two of you!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sounds like she and her friend made plans to see a particular concert, and they got the date of the event wrong. LOL, a friend and I went all the way up to NYC for a Broadway show a few weeks ago, and when we tried to go into the show, our tickets were for the NEXT weekend. So we went up the next weekend.

I wouldn't take it personally--it was a mixup on the dates, and she had promised her friend she would go with her to this concert. It's not like she just changed her mind on a whim without caring how you felt.

IMO, you should be a good sport about this. Ask her how she enjoyed it, and act pleased if she had fun.

Trust me, it will earn you brownie points if you put her feelings ahead of your own.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the replies.

Lexi I have thought of it that way and am trying to not have negative thoughts. You have a valid perspective on the situation that I didn't give enough thought to.

I do get to hang out and watch movies with just my girls so I can't chalk it up to being all that bad.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Got a trainer you could put that bike on? If not clean the chain, re-wrap the bars anything but grabbing a drink. Hopefully the sun will be out tomorrow so you can get a good ride in.

I think LexieCat has given some great advice as well.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow theres some riders in here huh. Thats cool guys. I have a Lemond Etape with the carbon fiber fork. Gorgeous piece of work. Looks like this http://s3.amazonaws.com/ibike/pictur...tape_large.jpg

I used to ride a lot and it would often help me to stay sober.