Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I'm Scum Of The Earth Mother, I Get, What Am I suppose To Do?

Notices

I'm Scum Of The Earth Mother, I Get, What Am I suppose To Do?

Old 03-28-2011, 04:20 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Pink I'm sure as hell not perfect. I'm on your side.

I listen to this song every day lately because it makes me feel like i've woken up to the world and life
YouTube - Lady Antebellum - Hello World
Old 03-28-2011, 04:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
there is nothing new here....Pink starts threads with dramatic titles, says the same thing and then disappears.....while everyone else offers suggestions and urges her to try.

I do think that JustOne had a very practical solution about the antabuse dosing...I WISH i had that option when I needed it most....i never even knew about antabuse to ask my doctor.

Common enough in the newcomers forum, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt initially, but after a while I think the kindest thing you can do is simply ignore them. You may have noticed that the op here doesn't seem to have even read the majority of the posts in this thread.

Last thought, my Mom was on Antabuse, she still drank. I'm sure it made the drinking experience unpleasant, but it didn't stop her. Pinks' best option may be to sign up for detox followed by inpatient, even if it's something as basic as the Salvation Army.

Imo.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
FNW
seeking acceptance

I too wanted someone to tell me what to do when I was drinking. I bit the bullet and went to a womens only aa meeting - and met lots of wonderful women I now consider my friends. I mentioned what I wanted to one of them on that first day and she took me by the shoulders and said - stop it - stop drinking. I kept that with me until I got back the next day, and the next. It has been easier since. Good luck with your choice.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I wish I lived closer so I could help you in real life. Lord knows it sounds like you need it. But the good news is that there ARE plenty of people that will help you. All it takes is picking up that 500 pound telephone and asking. I know it is hard. But trust me, when you do it the weight of the world will be lifted from you. The human body is not designed to carry the amount of guilt and shame you are carrying. Time to get some help and unload it.

I wish you the best Pink.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bdiddy5522 View Post
I wish I lived closer so I could help you in real life.
I've thought of this, too, for it appears as though I live fairly close to Pink. Perhaps I can help, but quite honestly, the "drive-by" posting frightens me a bit. I can only really help if I know she really WANTS the help. She's always free to PM me if she likes.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinkfirefly View Post
I feel like the worst wife, worst mother ever. i just hate my life. i hate every thing. and i'm sure you will all yell at me. and say. " oh, poor pink. feeling sorry for herself. pity party on her. whatever" yea. i get it ok. its not like that ok. i just really don't know what to do. i need some one to tell me what to do. I am feeling like the most horrible person who ever lived. I have this horrible addiction to alcohol. and my husband resents me for it. and doesn't trust me. and my son. i will never ever forgive myself if some is wrong with him. if some thing turns out to be wrong with his vision. i will never ever forgive myself, for having a drink when I was pregnant. i'm a scum of the earth mother. i can't take back what i did in the past. i would if i could. but i can't. and now i'm just so miserable. my husband hates me. and my life feels like its in shambles and falling apart all around me. I just feel like dying, ending this misery, this pain. no one is on my side. every one hates me. I don't know where to turn to any more. I need some one any one. but know one wants to help me. i don't know what to do any more. i'm sinking to my lowest.
Sounds like you haven't actually done anything except come on here and complain about how ****** things have gotten. For me simply acknowledging the fact that I had a problem didn't do a damn thing. I had to seek help and be willing to do what was suggested.

Maybe you haven't been through enough hell yet, maybe you're not desperate enough, maybe that won't happen till your family falls apart and your kids are taken away?

I hope you become desperate enough before that.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:26 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Fear is a great inhibitor. It also can be a great motivator. Fear of what was yet to come got me sober. If you keep drinking, it will get worse, trust me. You are right there hovering over the edge. You are starting to see some of the consequences of your drinking. We have endured much discomfort and anxiety from drinking, but got through it. Usually, to drink again. Step out of your comfort zone and take action. If you are serious about getting sober, go to a meeting. Take the mystery out of it and just do it. The fear of something that may help is keeping you from getting better. If AA isn't for you, try something else. However, I think you are beyond the point of being choosy. Please take action! Doing nothing will get you the same results with severe consequences. The progression speaks for itself. Stop the insanity!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Hi Pink..... again....
Hon, really??? Are you really back here saying the same old stuff we always hear out of you? Did anyone ever tell you the definition of insanity? You know, doing the SAME THING over and over again and expecting different results???
Anyone else reading this PM'd Pink and got no reply? Because I've reached out to her, tried to understand and help her.
Pink, for Gods sake, pull your **** together and get off the drink. How much more damage are you going to do to your life until you finally "get it".
I wish you the best, and would be the first to hold out a helping hand, but thats just it... a HELPING hand, not a hand that can do it for you.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

when i signed on during the afternoons last week, i saw her name pop up for the listings a couple of times last week....but i never knew if she was posting in a different area than i visit regularly.

i have not PM'd her....i did suggest a couple of threads she might benefit froim in the Newcomers area (moms who drink thread).
Old 03-29-2011, 12:57 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

There are women at your local AA group that will help you. You need to go and ask them to help you.

Like my sponsor always says, "You want sobriety? Come and get it." It's at AA. There is hope, there is help...but you have to go Pink!

Call the AA hotline in your area, and ask for a female member of AA to talk with. They will have a woman call you, and she can help you. You just have to trust someone, and take the first steps. Each recovery starts with one day.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result...drinking.

To stop the insanity, you must search out the program that will help you and the people that will help you.

Call tomorrow and ask for someone to go with you. Get a sponsor, get the big book, and go to a meeting every day. This is the way I was able to change my life. You can pm me for help.

Ask God to help you. I pray daily.

I am praying for you.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi Pink,
I have been sober 14 months, I wanted it with all my heart and soul...that's what it takes...you have to live and breathe the journey of sobriety, for me that's a daily thing, not as intense as it once was. But practicing gratitude daily lets me see the good in life... You can use any method you want, but you HAVE TO WANT to change your life..life won't change until it changes....

You owe it to your family, but most of all to yourself!! xo
Old 03-29-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I have never seen the type of support you are getting Pink. I've seen the good people here bend over forwards and backwards to help you. Supply you with AA info, links to all kinds of recovery groups. Links to Mom's who drink, Suicide Hotlines, Phone numbers, and even Pm's galore.

The only thing we can't do is make you want to help yourself and take the advice given.
I wish we could. We all learned the hard way that we had to take the steps to recover ourselves. There was no magic wand, no alcohol fairy to take the urges away.
I guess our hope is that one day you will pick yourself up and stop the madness.

Best Wishes To You
Old 03-29-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
skg

If you want to drink, that's your business. If you want to stop, AA can help.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Originally Posted by pinkfirefly View Post
I feel like the worst wife, worst mother ever. i just hate my life. i hate every thing. and i'm sure you will all yell at me. and say. " oh, poor pink. feeling sorry for herself. pity party on her. whatever" yea. i get it ok. its not like that ok. i just really don't know what to do. i need some one to tell me what to do. I am feeling like the most horrible person who ever lived. I have this horrible addiction to alcohol. and my husband resents me for it. and doesn't trust me. and my son. i will never ever forgive myself if some is wrong with him. if some thing turns out to be wrong with his vision. i will never ever forgive myself, for having a drink when I was pregnant. i'm a scum of the earth mother. i can't take back what i did in the past. i would if i could. but i can't. and now i'm just so miserable. my husband hates me. and my life feels like its in shambles and falling apart all around me. I just feel like dying, ending this misery, this pain. no one is on my side. every one hates me. I don't know where to turn to any more. I need some one any one. but know one wants to help me. i don't know what to do any more. i'm sinking to my lowest.
Your post brought back memories - When I heard my sis talk just like this, all I wanted to do was slap her and tell her how pathetic it was.
Pink, you have done all of this to yourself, no one has done it to you.
You want help?? You need someone to 'tell' you what to do.
Please, get a grip, grow up (stop being the victim) and start listening to everyone. Everyone here is trying to help you.
My sis died and left her two children behind, Please dont do this... listen to yourself and make some steps to get help.
JJ
Old 03-30-2011, 01:42 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Abnormally normal

Pink
there's not much I can add here. Everybody's given you the BEST advice.
Best because we've all been there and know what it takes to get sober.
You're pretty much getting advice from experts on the subject.

Now, you just need to get your head out of self pity mode long enough to do what you need to do. Stop making excuses on why you can't take this approach or that approach and PICK! Stop looking at the options you have as punishment and start looking at them as a blessing. Because thats what they are.

You're on a merry go round and only you can decide when you want to get off. Nobody can grab your arm, pull you and force you off.

What are you supposed to do? You're supposed to stop drinking!
What helped me to get sober was I stopped thinking "Oh, poor me" and started thinking "my poor kids! my poor fiance".
It took a while, but I stopped being selfish. I know being an alcoholic, its part of the disease. Everythings always happening to you... but look at the hurt its causing your family. Look into your kids' eyes. Look into your husbands eyes.
The hurt they feel, is because of your drinking.

I know how hard and frustrating this is. But you have it in you to stop. You just have to believe it and know you can do it.
It's not impossible..you just have to, pick. You have so many options to get and stay sober. To have a happy life and provide your children with a happy life. But only one choice if you want to destroy your life and the lives of your children.
You have this option daily. Wake up tomorrow and choose to be happy.

We all want to see you happy.
You and your family are in my prayers...
Old 03-30-2011, 03:34 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

"All by himself, and in the light of his own circumstances, he needs to develop the quality of willingness."

Step three, 12 and 12