Notices

Frustrations

Old 03-23-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustrations

I recently moved back home to help my sobriety. I relapsed again. A fifth of the good ole popov for a week. I just hate that I cannot drink. It is something that is hard for me to accept.

I am really loving the meetings I am going to now though and taking steps more seriously. I heard someone quote Tupac yesterday..."If you can make it through the night, theres a brighter day." One day at a time I guess.

Sorry if this is more of a rambling. I am out to a new noon meeting here soon, i guess i could have talked there
Old 03-23-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Big Red

I'm glad you posted here. This is a good place to get the support and encouragment you need. It sounds like you found a meeting you are comfortable with.Keep going! It's always easier to get through something when we have someone we can relate with.There are always people here to help 24-7 all you have to do is ask.God Bless you can do this!!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I hope that you can begin to accept that drinking is no longer an option.

Enjoy your meeting!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep goin to meetings. It is a great place to reach out. Today is a new day. I have heard in the rooms that we need to learn from our relapses and look at what it was that took us to that place. Rambling shmambling....you needed to get it out! These forums are great for cleaning the cobwebs...but keep going to meetings. there is no replacement for the energy, spirit and knowledge in the rooms. Listen and try to take something away each time. Get some numbers to call if you are feeling a slip coming on.

I am fairly new to AA and I have thrown myself into the steps and it is making a HUGE difference in my life. If you can, get amped on the steps!!! Remember, the only one we need to do 100% is Step 1. The rest will fall into place as they are meant to.

Keep on truckin.
Peace!
J
Old 03-23-2011, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, i really appreciate it
Old 03-23-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Re:Frustrations

Welcome bigred95...

I experienced similar frustrations, 10 years ago, after losing all respect for the bottle and it's after effects. A void in my life went missing, that day, so did the insanity as well- thank God. I never really missed the insane impulse to drink anymore, but the lingering doubts of "what to do next" became more and more of a struggle -early on.

Why can't I drink responsibly? I declared, time and time again, hoping to get a clearer picture of my reasoning and its motives. The more I took a good look at myself, the more my alcoholism stood out. I never really experienced any lasting joy, in sobriety, until "I let go and let God" -instead.

One of my greatest concerns was the prospect of dealing with "Life on Life's" terms void of alcohol. When the trials and tribulations of life would rear its ugly head, there would be no possibility in dealing with those frustrations other than drinking -so I thought. Eventually, I was able to acquire the tools that were necessary to maintain a comfortable sobriety -thanks in part to AA and a good support network.

Keep the momentum going, bigred95, as you trod through the process of sobering up -one day at a time. It is not always easy, but necessary -so be willing. AA and forums like this one, will be your support network and guide you the process every step of the way -we promise.

~God bless~

The more I took a good look at myself, the more my alcoholism stood out
Old 03-23-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Don't beat up on yourself. The meetings will give you a better feeling than any sip of ale. I don't know about you, but I have never been able to control my drinking and have tried that for twenty-five years. You seem young and still have so much time ahead to live a full life.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I do like the meetings and enjoy being around people who are like me. Especially after being to apprehensive to going
Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigred95 View Post
I am really loving the meetings I am going to now though and taking steps more seriously. I heard someone quote Tupac yesterday..."If you can make it through the night, theres a brighter day." One day at a time I guess.
Hey dude - I feel ya big time. I am sort of dreading my inevitable first meeting soon. I am unsure of everything it entails. I've been sober for 3 days and I am getting the craving to drink hard. Also, that tupac line is from one of my fav tunes of his. I was listening to gangstarr earlier and this line is a goodie also...
"i don't even feel like drinking or getting high, cause all that's gonna do really, is accelerate the anxieties that I wish I could alleviate,
But wait, I've been through a whole lot of other sh*t before
So I oughta be able to withstand some more"

take it easy bro-

nick
Old 03-24-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Once I made my mind up I didn't want to be an ******* loser the rest of my life, then I just had to make up my mind that I could and would succeed on my terms. Believing those two things to be true, alcohol holds nothing for me.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Big Red

I didn't like to 'lose'. I didn't want to be different. I didn't want to 'have' to change my life forever.

But I was killing myself, slowly but surely.

Something had to give...and I'm glad it was my stubborn pride.

It's a big step...and a scary one....but I have found a life, and a me I never dreamed existed, by accepting the simple fact that alcohol and I are one dysfunctional relationship.

I hope you accept that sooner than I did, man

D
Old 03-24-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

when I began my AA Steps I felt a shift..
from often shakey sobriety into solid recovery....

Hope you soon get back on track bR
Old 03-24-2011, 10:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

I'm glad you are liking the meetings... they had to grow on me but I love them now, and the fellowship and the unity are a good part of the reasons I'm sober today. One day at a time;... I found the idea of "never drinking again" entirely too big to swallow. However, I know I can stay sober today, and I'll get to tomorrow when it gets here.

At our meetings, we have a space in our discussion meetings before a topic is announced for anyone who has a topic, or something about alcohol that is bothering them. That might be a good time to speak up, or see about grabbing one or two peeps after the meeting.