Notices

day 2 again....I can do this, right?

Old 03-22-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 2 again....I can do this, right?

Sunday afternoon was my last drink.....actually my last several drinks. At least a pint of Vodka and a liter of Captain Morgan.

Yesterday was awful. The usual, hearting pounding and racing 200 beats a minute (at least it felt like it), anxious, shaky, nervous, sweating. I slept "ok".....about 4 hours or so. Kept waking up about every 20min or so, finding it hard to go back to sleep. I'm sure tonight the insomnia will set it full force.

Today I feel better. Still have all the withdrawl symptoms, but on a lesser scale. My heart is not pounding as hard and the shaking/tremors is not so bad, unless I am doing something that makes me active (walking, dishes, cooking, and so on. Lack of energy is a big thing too as well as the insomnia. I will go days without anysleep.

I would like support from the chat room, but due to a drunkin rant in there over the weekend, I have been banned. I'm hoping it's not forever as I do/did to find the chat room very helpful.

So, off to finish up with day 2 and move on to day 3, 4, 5 and so on....hoping the symptems get less and less as each day passes.

Thanks for hearing me out.......and bring on the fight!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hey VL - congrats on day 2...... maybe you'll be through the worst of it by tomorrow. I hope so! Keep hanging in there!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't focus on the bad, the shakes, sleepless nights, and all the mental shame spiral that might or might not be coming..

Focus how you are going to react to these hurdles. Buy a good book to read while you can't sleep. take a walk to kill time, get out and do something. Activity breeds activity just as laziness breads laziness. I know that you know that this is not easy and I am not trying blow smoke up you a**, that keeping yourself busy is going to make everything alright but it does help.

Good luck
Old 03-22-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Grats - u can do this one day at a time

Grats - on day 2 - u can do this one day at a time. Sometimes it needs to be one minute at a time. Make sure u get a plan for staying sober by knowing where your next meeting is going to be.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks for the reply guyz. I feel pretty good today....just a bit tired. Hopefully I can sleep tonight and feel even better tomorrow.

.....and on we go.

Thanks again,
Tim
Old 03-22-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Tim,

I am really happy to hear you are giving this a great go...and proud too because I know just how big a step this is for you.

Please keep going, and remember it is onnly one day at a time..if need be..1 hour at a time. Find things to do to fill up the hours, get out for a walk...do anything so you dobnt have to listen to that nasty booze brain tell you to give up.

I know you can do this, hold on to the reasons why you knnow you want to.

And dont worry...I'm sure you will be back in chat soon.

Hugs
Old 03-22-2011, 03:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just an update...................

Originally Posted by VodkaLover View Post
Sunday afternoon was my last drink.....actually my last several drinks. At least a pint of Vodka and a liter of Captain Morgan.

Yesterday was awful. The usual, hearting pounding and racing 200 beats a minute (at least it felt like it), anxious, shaky, nervous, sweating. I slept "ok".....about 4 hours or so. Kept waking up about every 20min or so, finding it hard to go back to sleep. I'm sure tonight the insomnia will set it full force.

Today I feel better. Still have all the withdrawl symptoms, but on a lesser scale. My heart is not pounding as hard and the shaking/tremors is not so bad, unless I am doing something that makes me active (walking, dishes, cooking, and so on. Lack of energy is a big thing too as well as the insomnia. I will go days without anysleep.

I would like support from the chat room, but due to a drunkin rant in there over the weekend, I have been banned. I'm hoping it's not forever as I do/did to find the chat room very helpful.

So, off to finish up with day 2 and move on to day 3, 4, 5 and so on....hoping the symptems get less and less as each day passes.

Thanks for hearing me out.......and bring on the fight!

It's about almost 3:45 here. Doin' pretty drawn well, just extremely tired due to sleep thing.

I'm not craving alcohol at all. My problem has always be trying to get past the shaking, rapid heart bead, anxiety, and insomnia. The only thing I'm having a problem with now, is the lack of energy and the energy and the insomnia.....but I reckon they go hand-in hand, right?

Heart is not pound, shaking is not barley there, anxiety is ok.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there. Hot tea (green & black, mainly) helped me a lot when the cravings started to kick in. Maybe that can help you too.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Drunken ranting? I have NEVER done that before!:rotfxko

You can do it! "Take it one day at a time" is my mantra. Staying in the moment this time around has helped me immensely.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I always hated the shaking aspect of getting sober, drinking vodka was my downfall. Many is the time I would calm the shakes by drinking a beer or two. That would usually work for a couple of hours, then it was back to the coping with the shakes. I'm glad I don't have to go through that anymore.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm on day two again too. I think we can both make it to day three.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes you can do this. You have to do it, my dear. And while you are not in chat at the moment, you will still find support here. Keep posting away!

Keep it up and stay strong and sober, my friend.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I can relate to the insomnia thing. Sometimes people minimize that withdrawal aspect but to me it made my anxiety and irritability much worse. A pint of Vodka and a liter of Captain Morgan is quite a bit. I was drinking a similiar amount though a pint of cheap Vodka and 6-12 beers a day. My (hopefully last) detox was in a hospital. If it gets worse go to an ER. I didn't have insurance yet they still took me.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

VodkaLover,

Just my opinion, but I would be kinda superstitious with a screen name like yours, maybe you should put the word "former" in front of it.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by damselfly View Post
I'm on day two again too. I think we can both make it to day three.

Like GETTINGSTRONG2 said, "We can do it". Let's do it together!!!! Keep in touch.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
VodkaLover,

Just my opinion, but I would be kinda superstitious with a screen name like yours, maybe you should put the word "former" in front of it.

thought about changing it but don't know how. Besides.....it's just a screen name.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
I can relate to the insomnia thing. Sometimes people minimize that withdrawal aspect but to me it made my anxiety and irritability much worse. A pint of Vodka and a liter of Captain Morgan is quite a bit. I was drinking a similiar amount though a pint of cheap Vodka and 6-12 beers a day. My (hopefully last) detox was in a hospital. If it gets worse go to an ER. I didn't have insurance yet they still took me.

Thanks Just. Hoping that the worst is over. I'll probably try Unisom or Advil Pm tonight.....though it usually does not work.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GettingStronger2 View Post
Yes you can do this. You have to do it, my dear. And while you are not in chat at the moment, you will still find support here. Keep posting away!

Keep it up and stay strong and sober, my friend.

thanks GS2.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VodkaLover View Post
thought about changing it but don't know how. Besides.....it's just a screen name.
PM Anna.

Mine used to be liquoranddrugs and she changed it for me.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Millions of people are enjoying a healthier sober life
Yes that can happen for you too....

As long as you consider yourself to be a VodkaLover .
I question your interest in finding it.
Did you pick it when you were drinking?

It's not condusive to changeing your life.
Why not PM Anna with your choice of something more positive?

Here is a link that might be useful...tho it has nothing
to do with drinking or de toxing.....

http://www.well.com/user/mick/insomnia/

I sure hope you find your way..

Last edited by CarolD; 03-22-2011 at 07:12 PM.